FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Really Useful Xposed Modules, mod and apps to get the most out of rooted fire TVs

695 posts
Thanks Meter: 406

By zroice, Senior Member on 16th May 2016, 09:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th May 2016, 01:32 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I read now that the holo themer has problems with lollipop. Its weird it actually works - you activate the module, reboot and it works.. then you reboot again and you are stuck in bootloop.

Im currently trying to figure out how to prevent the bootloops and still use it. I guess you just temporarily activate it to edit settings of an app like supersu. then uninstall it afterwards. If you need it again you just install it again. If youre stuck in bootloop the easiest way to get into the system again is to delete the modules.list file in the /data/data/xxx/conf folder of the xposed installer. Then it will boot without any modules active one time. Sometimes a clear of dalvik cache is also necessary to fix bootloops caused by xposed modules.

24th May 2016, 04:58 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Regarding the Holo Themer Bootloop:

In order to temporarily use holo themer to change settings of apps that crash/close otherwise here is what I figured out:

1. Install Holo Themer and turn it on in xposed installer (but DONT launch it yet!)
2. Reboot device so that the xposed module is active and then launch holo themer.
3. Edit the Theme of the apps that normally dont work to "Material Dark"
4. Open those apps and do your stuff.
5. Deinstall Holo Themer.
6. Reboot.

Unfortunately you cannot make apps like supersu permanently run correctly but at least you can edit the settings that way.
24th May 2016, 10:09 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
now things get really weird. Using holo themer version 3.0 I manage to boot up the fire tv with it still active .. although not every time. Like I had to restart it (unplug + replug) it 3 times and then it finally boot through. No clearing dalvik - nothing inbetween. Dont get it.. but at least its kinda workin now...

------

ADD: Well it seems to be that only cold-booting works with holo themer installed. When I make a restart through settings the device bootloops, when I take out the wall plug and make a cold boot it does boot up..
8th June 2016, 03:32 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Does the Adobe Flash Player comes with the sideloaded Firefox app?

Greetings by Idijt
22nd May 2017, 02:40 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for listing Xposed Additions. Allowed me to remap my home key after the latest update!
22nd May 2017, 02:13 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 456

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleins4u

Thanks for listing Xposed Additions. Allowed me to remap my home key after the latest update!

What FW where u on ? Where u able to remap it to AppStarter ? More info please.
23rd May 2017, 02:48 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y314K

What FW where u on ? Where u able to remap it to AppStarter ? More info please.

5.2.4.1. You can remap to any application with the pro version, I remapped to FiredTV. Testing today revealed that the voice search button no longer works when using Xposed Additions though.

You can also remap the home button with GravityBox (LP), but it only allows you to remap double-tap and long press of the home button. But I did remap that to FiredTV successfully as well.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zroice

Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out which xposed modules, mods and apps are the most useful ones for the rooted fire TVs and compile a list.

What I can recommend so far:

"Xposed Additions Pro"
to customize the keys of the remote control (longpress, double press, triple press shortcuts)

Adaway
No more annoying ads in youtube, twitch and other apps

Mozilla Firefox + Adblock Plus + Adobe Flash Player
Web-Browsing on Fire TV (only good with Mouse + Keyboard)

MarketHelper
spoof what device the firetv is to actually download apps through play store (usually says that apps are not compatible on 90% of the apps, to me)

AudioGlow
Nice AudioVisualizer of whatever audio is playing in the background (tuneinradio, mp3-player, kodi.. etc) - unfortunately a bit laggy or rather not on point with the audio.

Holo Themer (Xposed Module)
Open apps that do not seem to open on the FireTV (like SuperSu) - set the theme to "Material Dark" and they will open.
WARNING: Can cause bootloops. Use Version 3.0 as well.

Are you still able to use the voice search button in tandem with Xposed Additions?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aleins4u For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aleins4u Ad-Free
5th June 2017, 06:59 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
> 5.2.4.1. You can remap to any application with the pro version, I remapped to FiredTV. Testing today revealed that the voice search button no longer works when using Xposed Additions though.

I tried to re-map the home button to start FireStarter application by installing Xposed Additions pro via Google play store on my rooted Fire TV (first gen) with pre-rooted 5.2.4.1 ROM but no luck. Am I missing something?
4th July 2017, 10:53 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 456

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleins4u

5.2.4.1. You can remap to any application with the pro version, I remapped to FiredTV. Testing today revealed that the voice search button no longer works when using Xposed Additions though.

You can also remap the home button with GravityBox (LP), but it only allows you to remap double-tap and long press of the home button. But I did remap that to FiredTV successfully as well.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Are you still able to use the voice search button in tandem with Xposed Additions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosinatte

> 5.2.4.1. You can remap to any application with the pro version, I remapped to FiredTV. Testing today revealed that the voice search button no longer works when using Xposed Additions though.

I tried to re-map the home button to start FireStarter application by installing Xposed Additions pro via Google play store on my rooted Fire TV (first gen) with pre-rooted 5.2.4.1 ROM but no luck. Am I missing something?

Guys try out the XPosed Edge Pro. It seems to be the most complete XPosed module that is compatible with FTV devices. It should even be compatible with FireOS 3.

It brought back all the options FireStarter used to have. Using it with AppStarter. Plan to play with it more in the future too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Y314K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Y314K Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)