FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

5.1 Audio with Fire TV through Kodi Possible? Need Help (Home Cinema)

120 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By DEREKTROTTER, Senior Member on 10th April 2016, 04:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
does anyone use an Home Cinema with the fireTV and can get HD Audio to passthough? Ive tried all different settings in Kodi and i just get a very high pitched static.

Im not sure if the fireTV supports it but there are dolby digital ON/OFF in the settings so i assumed it would.

Thanks in advance.

11th April 2016, 02:42 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
someone posted this possible solution. Please let me know if it works. I haven't let the update go through because of this issue alone. Thanks.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=49
11th April 2016, 07:54 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
ac3 in spmc is working if i disable dd+
but i can't get my dts working.

tried all different combinations pcm/raw ac3 dts capable passtrough is enabled.

is there a bug in spmc that it is not working (signal for dts transfered via passtrough over hdmi)?

please reply if someone is able to play dts files and wich settings were made in spmc 16.2
12th April 2016, 03:36 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi I posted the solution, follow that link and it should work fine. I lost my DTS and dolby sound when the new update happened last week.

I restored my dts settings perfectly using firmware 5.05.1 and kodi jarvis 16.0... passthrough enabled in kodi along with DTS capable receiver are selected.
13th April 2016, 03:52 AM |#5  
I heard that with spmc 16.2 version, you can even have DTS-HD and TrueHD (upto 7.1 channels) passthrough firetv if you have OS 5. There is a toggle in audio settings between Dolby/DTS passthrough and HD audio passthrough.
Since I have the rooted OS 3, HD audio is not going through but only the core Dolby/DTS 5.1 goes through. Jellybean OS is not capable of passing HD audio but lollipop does.
You still have to do the firetv settings posted above in post #2.
13th April 2016, 10:11 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam298

I heard that with spmc 16.2 version, you can even have DTS-HD and TrueHD (upto 7.1 channels) passthrough firetv if you have OS 5. There is a toggle in audio settings between Dolby/DTS passthrough and HD audio passthrough.
Since I have the rooted OS 3, HD audio is not going through but only the core Dolby/DTS 5.1 goes through. Jellybean OS is not capable of passing HD audio but lollipop does.
You still have to do the firetv settings posted above in post #2.

HD audio is not working for me on OS5 using SPMC 16.2. I too had the no dts playback issue and the above fix didn't work for me since it was already set to that. I turned off sync video to display or whatever it's called and my dts playback worked again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)