FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

adding adb loaded app to the main screen

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By chewyboy, Member on 17th April 2018, 06:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Sorry if this is something i missed in my searches but here is what happened. I'm using directv now and they decided to end of life gen 1 fire tv's. Anyway i have a few gen 1 fire tv's and a fire tv 3'rd gen. So i used adb to copy the updated apk from the 3'rd gen device then install it onto the first gen device and it works great. However I am lazy and do not like going into settings/applications/installed apps/app launch it. is there any way to get that onto the main launcher screen?

thanks

17th April 2018, 12:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewyboy

Sorry if this is something i missed in my searches but here is what happened. I'm using directv now and they decided to end of life gen 1 fire tv's. Anyway i have a few gen 1 fire tv's and a fire tv 3'rd gen. So i used adb to copy the updated apk from the 3'rd gen device then install it onto the first gen device and it works great. However I am lazy and do not like going into settings/applications/installed apps/app launch it. is there any way to get that onto the main launcher screen?

thanks

There are a couple ways I know of. There is an app called tv app repo that will make an app show on the home screen. I have better luck using App Cloner. Just make sure you go into the settings on the right side and click on Android wear &TV options. Then click on Leanback launcher support. then click the blue checkmark, click ok on popup. when done it will prompt you to install. afterinstalling it will show up on the home screen. It has never failed for me. Hope this helps.
18th April 2018, 10:43 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICK0044

There are a couple ways I know of. There is an app called tv app repo that will make an app show on the home screen. I have better luck using App Cloner. Just make sure you go into the settings on the right side and click on Android wear &TV options. Then click on Leanback launcher support. then click the blue checkmark, click ok on popup. when done it will prompt you to install. afterinstalling it will show up on the home screen. It has never failed for me. Hope this helps.

a small little update and do i feel stupid, well only a little. I could not get app cloner or tv app repo to get added. However after thinking about amazon still recognizes it as an app so i went to your apps and games/see all found it there and moved it to front.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)