FORUMS

Can't change /system to read-write on fire tv stick 4k

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By dictorclef, Junior Member on 22nd May 2020, 08:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm trying to get apps2sd to work on my fire tv stick, but when I recreate the mount scripts, I get a read-only filesystem error in /system/bin. I've tried: root essentials, fx file explorer, adb and adblink to try to make the /system partition read-write with no success. My device is rooted, I'm on the debloated rom and have the gapps magisk module. Anyone has any idea as to why it doesn't work?
22nd May 2020, 10:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dictorclef

I'm trying to get apps2sd to work on my fire tv stick, but when I recreate the mount scripts, I get a read-only filesystem error in /system/bin. I've tried: root essentials, fx file explorer, adb and adblink to try to make the /system partition read-write with no success. My device is rooted, I'm on the debloated rom and have the gapps magisk module. Anyone has any idea as to why it doesn't work?

Sometimes I have been able to temporarily fix that problem by re-flashing Magisk. It doesn't always fix it, but sometimes it does.
23rd May 2020, 02:57 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarvil

Sometimes I have been able to temporarily fix that problem by re-flashing Magisk. It doesn't always fix it, but sometimes it does.

Tried reinstalling magisk, obviously did something wrong and ended up in a bootloop. unbricked it, redid root procedure, reinstalled the debloated image and gapps, still doesn't work.
23rd May 2020, 05:23 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I realised that I needed to mount in rw each file i wanted to change, doesn't make apps2sd work any better, but still.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)