FORUMS

“critically low on storage”

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By pr1uk1, Junior Member on 31st May 2019, 07:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just noticed since today when I am using anyone of my Fire TV boxes I get “critically low on storage” every 5 minutes or so even after a factory reset. As Amazon detected apps not on their list and have now created this to annoy us ?
The problem started today on my main box and I factory reset and with nothing installed I get “critically low on storage” .
Using my second backup box the “critically low on storage” as also started on this one. So to me the problem seems to be using apps not on the Amazon list and it seems something once appearing even a factory reset does not clear.
31st May 2019, 11:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 815

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1uk1

Just noticed since today when I am using anyone of my Fire TV boxes I get “critically low on storage” every 5 minutes or so even after a factory reset. As Amazon detected apps not on their list and have now created this to annoy us ?

The problem started today on my main box and I factory reset and with nothing installed I get “critically low on storage” .

Using my second backup box the “critically low on storage” as also started on this one. So to me the problem seems to be using apps not on the Amazon list and it seems something once appearing even a factory reset does not clear.

No such issue with Fire stick HD and I use mostly sideloaded apps

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
31st May 2019, 11:26 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASTAVIPER

No such issue with Fire stick HD and I use mostly sideloaded apps

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Strange because mine started on my main box this morning I did 2 factory resets then thought I would try my backup box, same thing. Thought was it because I use the original Fire TV box and the 2nd Gen one as the main one these are the original flat square boxes. I did a new Stick out of the box which I done yesterday for one of the grandchildren so I tried that one and once again every 5 minutes I get the same thing stays on screen for about 3 seconds.
31st May 2019, 04:51 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Problem sorted the one thing I never thought of it was my TV and it seems nothing to do with the Amazon devices at all, sat in my bedroom watching my second TV no problems. Remembered I added another version of a large app on my TV and it looks like it was this that caused my error.
OAP Plonker
16th January 2020, 04:49 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I too received the "critically low storage" message on my Fire TV. After doing all the uninstalling of unused apps and clearing the cache, like everyone else, the problem persisted. What did work for me was very simple. I pulled the power cord and the computer cord from the back of the box for a minute or two and plugged them back in. I haven't had a problem since the reboot...so far. Hope this helps others.
28th June 2020, 12:28 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Critically low storage
I just want to say thank you. I had been trying to fix my firestick for a wk.
I didn't want to factory reset if I didn't have too.
Unplugging the firestick for 10 mins n having it reboot fixed it.
THANK YPU
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)