FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Cube 2 a Bust for Me

1,043 posts
Thanks Meter: 176

By schneid, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 8th November 2019, 01:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Have a one, cube 1, pendant, and stick 4k. Main setup is an LG OLED 65, Onkyo RZ610, and 5.2.2 Atmos. Previous models of FireTV worked fine.

My Amazon review:

1. Audio and Video are out of sync.
2. Play stalls. It just pauses. Must press Play to restart.
3. Maddening to connect Logitech Harmony Ultimate remote via Bluetooth. Solution is to keep trying.
4. Will not show my Ring cams. Not a big deal but still broken.
5. CEC is a mess but always has been. Harmony does it much better. Lindy CEC-less filters are a must to kill errant signals.
6. Typical "blame the user customer support". 1st suggestion is a hard-reset as that seldom does anything but make you start over with the same issues.

Updates:
7. Keeps disconnecting from Harmony Hub.
8. Started locking up.
9. Latest absolutely weird behavior is HBO Now will not respond to Harmony's OK button. Something not right between Harmony, HBO, and Amazon. Have to swap the stick back in to troubleshoot this one.
10. Now opening in a small box in upper left corner of TV. Must restart.
11. Stalls in playback with Android TV (both Live and DVR), Netflix, and Showtime)
12. Latest update has made the stalling worse. Just "pauses" and needs a "play" push to restart.

Running 1gb fiber to Cat6 Ethernet, 65" LG OLED (best TV ever), and Onkyo RZ610 that together does Atmos (with real height speakers) and Vision. Harmony Ultimate with Hub is a must for integrated control.

Anyone else struggling? I'm giving up. Have a Shied Pro 2019 on the way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)