FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Default file location for apps or apk on firestick?

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By BeEveready, Junior Member on 29th December 2015, 03:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I would like to use rom collection browser with an emulator installed on my firestick using ABDfire but can't find where the emulator is stored on my fire stick in my file manager? Where do apps get stored using ABDfire? Is there a default location?

29th December 2015, 06:16 AM |#2  
Flag lost somewhere.... Help
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeEveready

I would like to use rom collection browser with an emulator installed on my firestick using ABDfire but can't find where the emulator is stored on my fire stick in my file manager? Where do apps get stored using ABDfire? Is there a default location?

Erm I think most stuff gets stored in Android/data (most emulators data just sits in the main part of your storage anyway at Sd card0/ ) & to be honest I do not believe that you can use an emulator with a fire stick, 1. you have no usb, 2. That means no controller & 3. & you cant use an emulator with a amazon remote (well saying that I did test M.A.M.E with one & configured the remote with it turned on it's side & played Streetfighter 2 but that was on the AFTV2 main unit & not the stick version), if you want emulators get the AFTV2 it's on sale at the moment for £65!

Hope this helps If sof press that thanks button
29th December 2015, 12:56 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I have the emulator working on the firestick and I'm using an 8bitdo Bluetooth controller that also works however , I would like to access the emulator using rom collection browser in kodi but was having trouble finding the file location. I've looked in the file manager and also es explorer but it doesn't show the apps in the folder you suggested?
29th December 2015, 01:08 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanr1977

Erm I think most stuff gets stored in Android/data (most emulators data just sits in the main part of your storage anyway at Sd card0/ ) & to be honest I do not believe that you can use an emulator with a fire stick, 1. you have no usb, 2. That means no controller & 3. & you cant use an emulator with a amazon remote (well saying that I did test M.A.M.E with one & configured the remote with it turned on it's side & played Streetfighter 2 but that was on the AFTV2 main unit & not the stick version), if you want emulators get the AFTV2 it's on sale at the moment for £65!

Hope this helps If sof press that thanks button

I have the emulator working on the firestick and I'm using an 8bitdo Bluetooth controller that also works however , I would like to access the emulator using rom collection browser in kodi but was having trouble finding the file location. I've looked in the file manager and also es explorer but it doesn't show the apps in the folder you suggested?
29th December 2015, 04:07 PM |#5  

More
Quote:

Have you selected show hidden in es file explorer ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
29th December 2015, 06:35 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Have you selected show hidden in es file explorer ?

Yes I have....
29th December 2015, 08:15 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

Try looking here-

sdcard0/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/kodi/addons

I'm sure that's the location your looking for

29th December 2015, 09:40 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Try looking here-

sdcard0/android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/kodi/addons

I'm sure that's the location your looking for

Thank you, much appreciated
30th December 2015, 02:37 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

Thank you, much appreciated

No problem don't forget to press that thanks button if it helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to deanr1977 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deanr1977 Ad-Free
24th July 2016, 09:26 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

No problem don't forget to press that thanks button if it helped you

Anybody get this working??
dropbox.com/s/m9sgrqj35dcrvxd/Playstation%20Vue_2.4.0.apk?dl=0

Most recent AFTV APK just updated a few days ago would love to see someone get this working on a NP or Shied or any Android TV
7th March 2018, 07:24 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hi all,

Similar issue, different app. I can't find the data location for apps installed through the app store on the fire stick. Netflix, emby, etc don't show up in the normal location.
I'm special looking for the location that the Smart IPTV app saves it's playlist info. Any help appreciated!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)