FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Why doesn't adbFire connect my Fire TV stick anymore?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By AlphaBee, Junior Member on 20th February 2015, 11:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I just recently bought the Amazon Fire TV stick. When I first got it, I was able to connect it to my computer using the adbFire tool with no problem. I was able to sideload Kodi and push apps to it with no problem. Now, a couple days later, when I try to connect the same device using the same program, it keeps popping up with the message "device not connected".

I tried to connect through command prompt but it still didn't work. I also tried pinging w/ command prompt but it keeps giving me "Destination host unreachable". I turned ADB debugging off and back on, turned wi-fi off and back on, and rebooted the stick multiple times yet it still doesn't work.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem? I don't understand how it was connecting just 2-3 days ago but it doesn't work when i try it now. Only other thing I can think of is a factory reset but I'm hesitant to do that in fear of me not being able to sideload everything again.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
21st February 2015, 07:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBee

Hello, I just recently bought the Amazon Fire TV stick. When I first got it, I was able to connect it to my computer using the adbFire tool with no problem. I was able to sideload Kodi and push apps to it with no problem. Now, a couple days later, when I try to connect the same device using the same program, it keeps popping up with the message "device not connected".

I tried to connect through command prompt but it still didn't work. I also tried pinging w/ command prompt but it keeps giving me "Destination host unreachable". I turned ADB debugging off and back on, turned wi-fi off and back on, and rebooted the stick multiple times yet it still doesn't work.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem? I don't understand how it was connecting just 2-3 days ago but it doesn't work when i try it now. Only other thing I can think of is a factory reset but I'm hesitant to do that in fear of me not being able to sideload everything again.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Make sure fire tv stick has not been assigned the primary IP address for your modem typically 192.168.1.100 if this is the case than simply get a new IP address. I wasn't able to connect adb when for some reason my fire tv grabs ip address 192.168.1.100.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to ashsha7877 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashsha7877 Ad-Free
22nd February 2015, 12:34 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashsha7877

Make sure fire tv stick has not been assigned the primary IP address for your modem typically 192.168.1.100 if this is the case than simply get a new IP address. I wasn't able to connect adb when for some reason my fire tv grabs ip address 192.168.1.100.

Thanks

I tried changed the IP address on the FireTV and I am still getting the error when I try to connect it . However I am getting results when trying to ping so at least there's some progress. I'm going to play around with it more in a bit and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the tip!
22nd February 2015, 12:54 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
it's working again
just to update i reset my connection as well as rebooted my FireTV stick (once again) and now it's finally working. Thanks again for the help!
1st December 2019, 06:58 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBee

just to update i reset my connection as well as rebooted my FireTV stick (once again) and now it's finally working. Thanks again for the help!

Same experience - couldn't connect to or ping the Fire Stick at first, then restarted it, the router and my computer, and it worked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)