FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fire stick VPN causing huge internet speed drop

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By cardinals089, Junior Member on 16th April 2018, 08:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok so I have a fire stick gen 2 which ive run into a pretty big issue with, just so we can get all this information out of the way my isp is cox. My download speed is 50 mbps normally without the vpn and its jumping all the way down to 10 mbps with it (im doing all my testing with Arnu speed test on kodi) and the vpn im using is Windscribe (great deal btw 37 dollars for a lifetime subscription) As well as to eliminate a few potential factors ive also tried to use PIA and tried my firestick on multiple different peoples internet connections. All of these different attempts show up with the same results. Kodi works great on my phone with the same vpn and same wifi connection with little to no speed loss . I even bought real debrid so i know its not being caused by the sources of my streams. Is this a common issue with fire sticks ? does anybody know if its hardware or software? If no one knows of a fix do you recommend i buy a new fire stick or just buy a fire tv? Any info on this problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)