FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fire Tv 3 4k root or downgrade

206 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By BRICK0044, Senior Member on 19th December 2017, 03:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First I'd like to say Thank you to all of the people that help us that don't know how to create these mods. I have a new Fire tv 3 4k (at least I think thats what they call it) that has firmware Fire OS 6.2.1.2, Fire Tv Home Version 6.0.1.2-006. Is there a way to root or downgrade the firmware so I can start playing around with the new toy? Thanks in advance.

19th December 2017, 06:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Nope.
19th December 2017, 10:29 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Block updates, wait, and hope. I don't know if anyone is trying to root it. I have tried kingo / king root and no luck. What are you looking to do? You can still side-load apps....
20th December 2017, 03:47 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michajin

Block updates, wait, and hope. I don't know if anyone is trying to root it. I have tried kingo / king root and no luck. What are you looking to do? You can still side-load apps....

I haven't looked into how to block the updates, but will. I would like to try the v4 "LazyLeanback".
20th December 2017, 04:18 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Except that wont work with FireTV 3 at all. Its also very dangerous and stupid to try to use a root tool for something it is not meant for. That's how you break things.
21st December 2017, 10:07 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICK0044

I haven't looked into how to block the updates, but will. I would like to try the v4 "LazyLeanback".

There are forums to explain how to block updates via adbshell. LazyLeanback won't work because it is on a different version of android. The LazyLeanback seemed buggy to me on my fire tv2. I would recommend a Android TV device if you want to go the google TV way.

I have never had an issue with attempting "Universal" root tools, but usually they don't work on updated devices. The fire stick and fire TV were both rooted via universal root tools. That being said there is risk of bricking when attempting root.
22nd December 2017, 02:28 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks for the replies.
8th February 2018, 11:50 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
I can't seem to find how to stop updates on my fire tv 3rd gen. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you
10th February 2018, 09:40 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRICK0044

I can't seem to find how to stop updates on my fire tv 3rd gen. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you

You'll need to connect with adblink first:

http://jocala.com/

Then run this windows batch file to block updates:

https://github.com/pwntrik/firetv/bl...e_ota_5242.bat
10th February 2018, 02:19 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwntrik

You'll need to connect with adblink first:

http://jocala.com/

Then run this windows batch file to block updates:

https://github.com/pwntrik/firetv/bl...e_ota_5242.bat

I tried to adb the bat file but get an error "ftv0_disable_ota_5242.bat: not found
I have tried dragging the bat file into the adb shell and get the error
also tried to apply each line separately but get the error.
could it be that the bat file is for an older firmware?
10th February 2018, 05:27 PM |#11  

More
Open a shell from adblink (make sure you are connected to the fireTV) then run....
adb uninstall -k --user 0 com.amazon.device.software.ota
adb uninstall -k --user 0 com.amazon.device.software.ota.override

It is possible that these were blocked on the latest updates, i haven't tried the newest.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)