FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fire TV solid orange light, won’t boot.

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By JonDaniels, Junior Member on 8th January 2020, 06:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Tried to sideload the google play store. Fire tv crashed and seemed to go into a boot loop. When it plugs in, there is a solid orange light, after about 10 seconds it will flag white once (looks as if it’s rebooting) and then go back solid orange.

No amazon logo and no signal. I’ve tried leaving it plugged in for a day. Also tried unplugging it for a couple days. Any thoughts or help on this?
10th January 2020, 01:21 AM |#2  
Flag Hampshire, England
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Sounds like it's bricked. Should be recoverable if you're willing to open it up.
14th January 2020, 08:38 AM |#3  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i got a fire tv 2 with a similar issue from trying todo the "unbrick with short" method. my devices had already had that process done successfully but along the road i did a disco at a bad time and now whenever i do the unbrick via short method i get a fail because the script says theres a GPT partition or something.

I had this happen with a firestick 2nd gen(tank) but i eventually found a comment that led to altering the script to format the partitions back to MBR.

I HAVE NOT FOUND THE SAME FOR THE FIRETV 2.

idk
14th January 2020, 07:27 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart1117

i got a fire tv 2 with a similar issue from trying todo the "unbrick with short" method. my devices had already had that process done successfully but along the road i did a disco at a bad time and now whenever i do the unbrick via short method i get a fail because the script says theres a GPT partition or something.

I had this happen with a firestick 2nd gen(tank) but i eventually found a comment that led to altering the script to format the partitions back to MBR.

I HAVE NOT FOUND THE SAME FOR THE FIRETV 2.

idk

The amonet gpt-fix for the FireTV2 box isn't public (til of today), you may ask in the unbrick thread for it
14th January 2020, 08:35 PM |#5  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Been awhile Sus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus_i

The amonet gpt-fix for the FireTV2 box isn't public (til of today), you may ask in the unbrick thread for it

You helped me before in the unbrick thread. i got it workimg and then did some stupid mistake on the software side and never recovered. I was just snooping and found this and love the irony of you popping up with the answer.

Well thanx for the heads-up. Let me know if you come across the new gpt/mbr script in case I haven't stumbled into it.
15th January 2020, 10:26 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart1117

You helped me before in the unbrick thread. i got it workimg and then did some stupid mistake on the software side and never recovered. I was just snooping and found this and love the irony of you popping up with the answer.

Well thanx for the heads-up. Let me know if you come across the new gpt/mbr script in case I haven't stumbled into it.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised to see your posting

This gpt issue should be solvable, just go ahead to the sloane unbrick thread and tell it Rortiz2...

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDaniels

Tried to sideload the google play store. Fire tv crashed and seemed to go into a boot loop. When it plugs in, there is a solid orange light, after about 10 seconds it will flag white once (looks as if it’s rebooting) and then go back solid orange.

No amazon logo and no signal. I’ve tried leaving it plugged in for a day. Also tried unplugging it for a couple days. Any thoughts or help on this?

What kind of FireTV box is it? The first one or the second?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)