FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

fire tv wont hook up to 5gb wifi

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By unsure2012, Junior Member on 11th July 2018, 09:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
is there any way to hook up my fire tv to the faster internet right now my fire tv's only want to hook up to the 2.4 wifi and it will not connect to 5gb wifi. but with the 2.4 it lags and wont load any movies tv shows anything can someone please help...... lost with this idc if it takes money or what to get this done but i want it fixed. cant watch anything.

11th July 2018, 10:35 PM |#2  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsure2012

is there any way to hook up my fire tv to the faster internet right now my fire tv's only want to hook up to the 2.4 wifi and it will not connect to 5gb wifi. but with the 2.4 it lags and wont load any movies tv shows anything can someone please help...... lost with this idc if it takes money or what to get this done but i want it fixed. cant watch anything.

Fire TV only supports channels 36 to 48 at 5 GHz. If you use a channel between 52 and 140, no connection can be established. Amazon does not offer the higher 5 GHz channels because of the cost of DFS certification required for channels 52 to 140.

DFS means Dynamic Frequency Selection, which is a technology that makes it possible to detect when they are interfering with military and radar systems and automatically switch to another frequency to avoid interference.
The Following User Says Thank You to rainman74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rainman74 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)