FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Firestick 2 Won't run without google play services which are not supported by device

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By allusernamestaken, Junior Member on 5th September 2017, 12:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I sideloaded a television providers app (Fios Mobile) installed on my device. The app was working perfectly but it just updated and I keep getting the error "Won't run without google play services which are not supported by your device".

I tried reverting back to the previous version but it was a mandatory update, so no dice. I tried sideloading the Google Play store but that did not help.

Is there a workaround for this type of error? The app does not API call any of Google Play Services. It seems like many of the TV apps are dropping support (they encouraged it a few years ago to lower bills) so you buy another Set top box. Other cable apps know you are inserting a device into a HDMI port and disable it from working that way.

I can download each individual TV app and enter my television providers password or mirror from my Android Phone but that would be a huge inconvenience.

Any suggestions? If there an app that will fool my TV app into thinking the play store is installed?

Since every channel pretty much has it's own app now, is there another app that will take its place instead of downloading each channels separate app and entering the password?

5th September 2017, 11:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Is your firestick rooted? (Sorry, I don't know if they can even be rooted.) If so, there's an Xposed module to allow apps to work without Google Play Services.

Another idea is to get the Fios Mobile app from the Amazon App Store and side load that one onto your Fire TV: https://www.amazon.com/Verizon-Servi...dp/B00DGVUD9I/

That one may not have any dependencies on Google apps.
5th September 2017, 03:42 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Seriously? 5 seconds of looking at general...
https://forum.xda-developers.com/fir...ooted-t3574088
7th September 2017, 03:30 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyP

Seriously? 5 seconds of looking at general...
https://forum.xda-developers.com/fir...ooted-t3574088

Seriously, you are giving me outdated information???? "Fios Mobile won't run unless you update Google Play Services". It would be nice to know where to find updated compatible versions for each. I have looked at several app stores and none seem to work. So please cut that attitude as your five-second search advice did not get me any further than I was before.
7th September 2017, 03:46 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzlechest

Is your firestick rooted? (Sorry, I don't know if they can even be rooted.) If so, there's an Xposed module to allow apps to work without Google Play Services.

Last I checked the Firestick 2 can't be routed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzlechest

Another idea is to get the Fios Mobile app from the Amazon App Store and side load that one onto your Fire TV: [/url]

I tried two different app stores but not that Amazon one. Crossing fingers!!!! DARN. Just tried it and said incompatible, you can't make purchases from this device. Fios does support Kindle fire but as I suspect, they don't want the app as a box substitute like they used too.

Maybe, someone has an updated version of what Timmy P linked too. Hopefully, they will test the link first before making condescending remarks about checking older posts.
7th September 2017, 03:34 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by allusernamestaken

Last I checked the Firestick 2 can't be routed. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I tried two different app stores but not that Amazon one. Crossing fingers!!!! DARN. Just tried it and said incompatible, you can't make purchases from this device. Fios does support Kindle fire but as I suspect, they don't want the app as a box substitute like they used too.

Maybe, someone has an updated version of what Timmy P linked too. Hopefully, they will test the link first before making condescending remarks about checking older posts.

Sorry I cant be of more help, but they are working on mine 100 percent. Good luck!

PS: Your OP said NOTHING about outdated services. Dumb piece of **** scum.
9th September 2017, 04:15 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Sorry I cant be of more help, but they are working on mine 100 percent. Good luck!

PS: Your OP said NOTHING about outdated services. Dumb piece of **** scum.

Because when I read that site from the original author it said FTV and FTV stick not 2 dumbass. Then I read the re-post on here claiming FTV 2 from MARCH 2017!! DId you not see where I said everything was working perfectly since September 4th!!!! Technology changes fast little tike. Google also updates and apps do along with it buttercup.

But I assumed someone with such a smug post must be correct but what a surprise you were not cupcake.

Since there is only 1 person who found a fix on the entire internet, it must not be a very easy fix. If it were, he could put it on APK sites for constant updates.

That is why I also asked 1: If there is a workaround. Easy/permanent if possible, so I don't need to worry about this update. Even easier if there is a 3rd party app that would consolidate all the apps and enter my default password for me.

P.S Being smug even when your correct is being an ass, doing so when you are incorrect makes you a stinky diarrhea with **** nuggets still stuck kind of ass.
9th September 2017, 05:36 PM |#8  

More
I take it English isn't your first language?
10th September 2017, 07:29 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Actually, it is but the English language can't adequately describe just how big of a douche you are.
12th September 2017, 05:49 PM |#10  

More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)