FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

FireTV side loaded YouTube TV apk

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By G S W, Member on 29th May 2017, 04:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I really need to get this working as I can't afford IPTV or any live TV substription right now. Is their any possible way I can get this working? I'm one of the lucky few that live in an area that YouTube TV covers and I'm testing out their 1 month trial. Right now theirs not much options in reguarding to using it on anything other than a phone/tablet.

I've tried side loading YouTube TV onto my fire stick and I have google services side loaded using this guide from AFTVNews (sorry I can't link as I've not met forum requirments) as well but it's telling me I need to update my google services in order to use the app.

Here are the Gapps I've successfully sideloaded:
  • com.google.android.gsf.login v4.4.4-1215936.apk
  • com.google.android.gms v8.7.03.apk
  • com.android.vending v6.0.2.apk
If anyone can tell me which one I need to update specifically for the Fire TV/YouTube TV app is so much appreciated!

7th June 2017, 07:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I would like also to know. I have an older FireTV that has all Amazon updates blocked so it wont update Youtube app. Is there a way to either download and sideload it or update just the app from the Play store?
21st July 2017, 01:05 AM |#3  
Flag Davenport, Florida, United States
Thanks Meter: 22

More
after you do update services apk here APKMirror Google Play Services you will encounter the problem with not finding the location. That is where I am currently stuck at

Credit choice of play services from this topic
13th October 2017, 11:19 PM |#4  

More
youtube tv
does anyone know of any device that I could use. to use youtube tv on television screen with remote to operate youtube tv?
2nd November 2017, 09:50 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I was able to side load the new Android TV app for You Tube TV. I get the new interface, but cannot play anything. When I click on a program it boots me back to the launcher.
The Following User Says Thank You to Indians For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Indians Ad-Free
4th November 2017, 07:04 PM |#6  

More
anyone.. have any suggestions.
4th November 2017, 08:14 PM |#7  

More
It wont let me edit the previous post.

Ok after looking around i found this helped me to get to run. I have not signed in or clicked on start trial yet. Short on time today..

1. get play services and store via this xda thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/fir...rvice-t3672181
install both.
I installed these versions
Android TV) 8.0.28.R-xhdpi [8] [PR] 163004339 (320dpi) (Android 5.0+).
Google Play services (Android TV) 11.7.44 (836-173432861) .

2. install the youtube tv apk
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/

YouTube TV - Watch & Record Live TV (Android TV) 1.04.05 (arm64) Version: 1.04.05 (10405330) arm64
Package: com.google.android.youtube.tvunplugged

I hope this works... If not I will probably load the fake gps apk and see.
will report back tonight after errands
5th November 2017, 07:01 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Got all 3 installed and YouTubeTV launches without error but i'm stuck there. It seems there is no way to add my google account so the setup does not complete. I cannot get the login field to accept text input.
5th November 2017, 11:02 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamandar

Got all 3 installed and YouTubeTV launches without error but i'm stuck there. It seems there is no way to add my google account so the setup does not complete. I cannot get the login field to accept text input.

I was able to get a step further by logging in, but when you go to select a show or channel to watch you get booted from the app and back to the Fire TV UI.
12th November 2017, 08:21 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkamen

I was able to get a step further by logging in, but when you go to select a show or channel to watch you get booted from the app and back to the Fire TV UI.

Same here. Anyone been able to keep the app from crashing?
12th November 2017, 10:49 PM |#11  

More
So, ads play but as soon as the ad is over it crashes. Could this be something Google is doing?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)