FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

FireTV side loaded YouTube TV apk

95 posts
Thanks Meter: 19
 
By G S W, Member on 29th May 2017, 03:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st December 2017, 12:36 PM |#31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgates

I am also looking to sideload the "Youtube TV" app on my FireTV. I want to try out the service as my DirecTV contract is up in March and I really want to cut the cord. Youtube TV looks to be the most promising as it has about ALL of the sports networks I care about. Unfortunately, I don't have a Samsung or LG TV, and I don't want to "Cast" I have two Amazon FireTVs with ethernet ports and would love to use them. It would be like Google & Amazon to get into a pissing contest right as Youtube TV is becoming available in more markets. There's a good chance Google will be losing $35 a month of my money since I refuse to buy new hardware just to subscribe to their service. I really wish these companies would get over themselves and work out what is best for all. Amazon needs to sell the damn Chromecast and make a Prime video app for it, and Google needs to leave Youtube alone on FireOS. All they are doing is costing each other "content revenue" by trying to lock consumers into their own ecosystem. This only hurts the consumer. "Youtube TV" is NOT the "Youtube" app. It is a newer Live TV streaming service from Google (like SlingTV or DirectTV Now).

Try it through firefox or silk, It should work in desktop mode. You need google services installed to make google apps work correctly. I have had services installed but it seemed every update between google and amazon broke it. It is possible with the issues between google and amazon someone puts some time into making services work on current OS.
31st December 2017, 10:28 PM |#32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 328
 
More
Anyone tried this?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...round-t3560900
I've been using it for about a year on my other devices (root and non-root) but I don't see an Android TV version. Best hope would be the remote just works (doubtful) or the Dev might take pity on us and create a TV version.
If anyone wants to try be sure to install modded microG apk . Otherwise you can't sign in.
2nd January 2018, 10:53 PM |#33  
Install the following for signing in. Youtube and services are working with these....

Google Account Manager v4.4.4-1227136

Google Services Framework v4.4.4-1227136

Google Play Services (AndroidTV) v11.9.51 (836-177350961)

Google Play Store (AndroidTV) v4.6.17

For youtube
YouTube for Android TV (Android TV) 2.02.08

I can upload the files if anyone wants......
6th January 2018, 12:57 AM |#34  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
tried silk.. and it did work.. but it will not scroll as someone stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michajin

Try it through firefox or silk, It should work in desktop mode. You need google services installed to make google apps work correctly. I have had services installed but it seemed every update between google and amazon broke it. It is possible with the issues between google and amazon someone puts some time into making services work on current OS.



---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Is this for the tv.youtube live tv service.. Or just youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michajin

Install the following for signing in. Youtube and services are working with these....

Google Account Manager v4.4.4-1227136

Google Services Framework v4.4.4-1227136

Google Play Services (AndroidTV) v11.9.51 (836-177350961)

Google Play Store (AndroidTV) v4.6.17

For youtube
YouTube for Android TV (Android TV) 2.02.08

I can upload the files if anyone wants......

6th January 2018, 01:09 AM |#35  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 227
 
More
My youtube TV app works fine.
6th January 2018, 01:10 AM |#36  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Yep mitchdickson..... i tried firefox as well but it kicks out to try and force you to load the actual app for youtubetv. maybe I will try chrome or my keyboard with the usb dongle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchdickson

It works so long as you don't have to scroll down to view more channels, right? Or am I missing something?

Sent from my taimen using XDA Labs

6th January 2018, 02:03 AM |#37  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstbone67a

tried silk.. and it did work.. but it will not scroll as someone stated.



---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Is this for the tv.youtube live tv service.. Or just youtube.

This is for google services. Have you tried
YouTube for Android TV (Android TV) 2.02.08
(64 bit for ftv2)
You might need google services to log in.
6th January 2018, 08:28 AM |#38  
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michajin

Install the following for signing in. Youtube and services are working with these....

Google Account Manager v4.4.4-1227136

Google Services Framework v4.4.4-1227136

Google Play Services (AndroidTV) v11.9.51 (836-177350961)

Google Play Store (AndroidTV) v4.6.17

For youtube
YouTube for Android TV (Android TV) 2.02.08

I can upload the files if anyone wants......

Pls upload - Thx!
6th January 2018, 02:26 PM |#39  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat1981

Pls upload - Thx!

removed
6th January 2018, 06:14 PM |#40  
In the folder are all the files you need for google services. YouTube (for google tv) has 2 versions 64bit and 32bit. I have tested 64bit on ftv2 and 32bit on ftv1 and both work will log in. Also included is the YouTube live TV Apks (64 and 32). I haven't tried them, but believe they should would.

Goodluck...
The Following User Says Thank You to Michajin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Michajin Ad-Free
6th January 2018, 08:51 PM |#41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michajin

In the folder are all the files you need for google services. YouTube (for google tv) has 2 versions 64bit and 32bit. I have tested 64bit on ftv2 and 32bit on ftv1 and both work will log in. Also included is the YouTube live TV Apks (64 and 32). I haven't tried them, but believe they should would.

Goodluck...

Thanks a bunch!
Trying on a fire tv stick 2.
All 32bit version apks install fine. YouTube runs well and allow for login.
YouTube TV runs. I click on “already a member “ and my already registered login shows... But the dialog is grayed out and I can select but not really choose the login.
Any ideas of what may be missing?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes