Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Help received new Jail Broken Fire TV today,

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By gman781, Junior Member on 9th July 2018, 11:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I received a jail broken modified Fire TV gen 2 today and it boots into the AppStarter application which is very nice but what I did notice is now I have no access to the amazon store for my apps and I am trying to figure out how to put PlayStation Vue, Netflix and Amazon Prime video onto the box but cannot figure out out? Is there a way to just boot into the old stock app and access the app starter separately?

Thanks. Please forgive my noobness.

11th July 2018, 10:53 PM |#2  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman781

Hello,

I received a jail broken modified Fire TV gen 2 today and it boots into the AppStarter application which is very nice but what I did notice is now I have no access to the amazon store for my apps and I am trying to figure out how to put PlayStation Vue, Netflix and Amazon Prime video onto the box but cannot figure out out? Is there a way to just boot into the old stock app and access the app starter separately?

If the default launcher has not been completely deleted, you can start it as follows:

Code:
adb shell pm enable com.amazon.tv.launcher
adb shell pm enable com.amazon.tv.launcher/.ui.HomeActivity_vNext
adb shell am start -n com.amazon.tv.launcher/.ui.HomeActivity_vNext
With older firmwares with this (not tested, I haven't used such old firmwares):
Code:
adb shell pm enable com.amazon.tv.launcher/.ui.HomeActivity 
adb shell am start -n com.amazon.tv.launcher/.ui.HomeActivity
With even older firmwares with this:
Code:
adb shell pm enable com.amazon.tv.launcher/com.amazon.tv.launcher.ui.HomeActivity 
adb shell am start -n com.amazon.tv.launcher/com.amazon.tv.launcher.ui.HomeActivity
14th July 2018, 10:31 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman781

Hello,

I also bought one of the jb firetv gen 2 launches straight into appstarter and no access to stock launcher which is smooth! The one I bought was hooked up with an alternative app store aptoide tv! I was able to get ps vue, netflix and even amazon prime there. Also a browser was available for me to get what I needed from any apk store. ****Even found channel pear in aptoide tv 😉
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)