Jarvis video stopping every few minutes 5.0.5

Search This thread

paddyponchero

Dec 6, 2011
Anyone having issues with videos stopping in Jarvis.

Helix was working perfectly on 5.0.3 .

Firetv updated from 5.0.3 to 5.0.5 automatically, and I installed Jarvis via Firestarter.

Since then videos are stopping every 5-20 minutes. Not sure if its 5.0.5 related or Jarvis related. Maybe I need to change buffer settings or something?

DarkMetatron

Apr 4, 2010
I have exactly the same issues with Kingroot and Kodi 16.
Unroot is the next thing i will try

Edit:
I have unrooted and the issue is gone. Videos are playing without interruption again.

Last edited:

kozmo2k4

Same here. Has been driving me crazy, since Amazon sneaked the update in. Actually, it's was a good thing, since I decided to upgrade to Intel NUC with OpenElec (the hapiest Kodi setup, ever...)
But it was driving me crazy. I "nuked" Kodi and AFTV twice, trying to figure it out.
One of my relatives is gonna be a happy gift recipient, soon...

Sent from my Mobile Communication Device

DarkMetatron

Apr 4, 2010
Now - Kingroot probably isnt the issue here either. It comes with some "bloatware" - but hardly anything on the level that could cause the issue described in here.

Thank you for the detailed post.

Yes, I am able to do all that and i could invest an hour or more to find the best solution that will allow kingroot and kodi to work perfectly fine together..
Or I could invest 5 minutes to remove kingroot (a software that i don't really need) and fix the issue that way.

Well, as my time is valuable to me I choose the faster way and removed kingroot. And look, the problem is gone. Hurray!

There is a clear cause and effect here.
1) Kodi workes flawless
2) Kingroot was installed
3) Kodi stops playback with a black screen in random intervalls
4) Kingroot was removed
5) Kodi works flawless again.

But yes, it could be my Internet connection (well it is the same with and without kingroot), or my network (oh it is also the same) or the NAS (well, it is the same) or the file on the NAS (right.. it the SAME), or the version of the AFTV or Kodi... But it seems unlikely, because none of that changed.
Kingroot is the only thing that changed, the only variable. And removing Kingroot fixed the damn problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: kozmo2k4

DarkMetatron

Apr 4, 2010
But then It could also have been your Wifi picking up again - and you will never know, because you dont care to learn how to troubleshoot those issues, or how this works.

I am perfectly capable to debug something like that and i checked a few things before coming here. Oh, i didn't wrote that because I am not the OP and I was just replying with a success to a proposed solution.

Both my NAS and my AFTV is connected using gigabit LAN and no, it was not a dropped stream. A dropped stream could be seen in the kodi event log, and no.. Nothing at all in the event log. Oh, and the debug log overlay was perfectly normal, but the blackout happend anyway. My NAS was sending data to the AFTV without any problem and then it suddenly dropped when the AFTV went black.

The AFTV went into sleep mode (or it looked like that) with a black screen. You had to press a key on the remote to wake the AFTV and see kodi again. The video was stopped.

Reactions: paddyponchero

bula1ca

Nov 18, 2014
I have an unit that does the same thing (video stops every 5 to 20 minutes) and it was rooted with kingroot, the other 3 units I run in my house have no issues at all so it is not my wifi, internet, NAS or file issue. I do not believe the rooting process is the cause that makes this unit drop the video but it is the other programs that kingroot installs. I know for a fact I press by mistake the optimization option in kingroot and that may had change the way this units acts. I did not have time to investigate since however tonight I will remove kingroot, clean the whole system file, run the unit to see if that fixed it and then re-root it again staying away from any other options in kingroot.
Could it be the version of kingroot we used? - I used v4.8.
That may explain why some of us have problems and some not however I still believe it was my mistake and I will try to prove that tonight, if someone else here wants to try my theory please go ahead we will stop all this nonsense "blame".

Diet-Coke

Apr 21, 2013
I got the same issue an my device, also rooted with Kingroot 4.8.
Since rbox is working on TWRP and prerooted roms, I guess the issue is gone soon anyway ;)

mezdev

Sep 16, 2014
As I stated above mine is working fine.
I am would be interested to find if all devices with this problem have an app which is clashing with kodi when Kingroot is installed.
Slightly off topic I am finding this update more stable on my atv1 , now if I switch to another app while watchin youtube iI can then switch back and the video will resume wareas previously it would restart the app ( similar on other apps also).
Just a thanks to the knowledgeable ones here, even at my age I am learning all the time :)

Last edited:

kozmo2k4

Last edited:
Reactions: biglo

mezdev

Sep 16, 2014
still my question is ? whats the common denominator?
I rooted aftv1 with kingroot and all is better than fine so its not just kingroot and rooting ............ I know you can unroot but isn't this part of why people are here WHY??

bula1ca

Nov 18, 2014
still my question is ? whats the common denominator?
I rooted aftv1 with kingroot and all is better than fine so its not just kingroot and rooting ............ I know you can unroot but isn't this part of why people are here WHY??

What version of kingroot did you use? So far are a couple of people stating they used v4.8 (including myself) that are having issues.

Knatterton79

Apr 13, 2014
Also had video stopping after a few minutes after rooting AFTVv1 5.0.5 with Kingroot.
After unrooting and uninstalling from within the Kingroot app this issue is gone.
Further, the breakage of Wukong's mouse mode is solved, too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have an unit that does the same thing (video stops every 5 to 20 minutes) and it was rooted with kingroot, the other 3 units I run in my house have no issues at all so it is not my wifi, internet, NAS or file issue. I do not believe the rooting process is the cause that makes this unit drop the video but it is the other programs that kingroot installs. I know for a fact I press by mistake the optimization option in kingroot and that may had change the way this units acts. I did not have time to investigate since however tonight I will remove kingroot, clean the whole system file, run the unit to see if that fixed it and then re-root it again staying away from any other options in kingroot.
    Could it be the version of kingroot we used? - I used v4.8.
    That may explain why some of us have problems and some not however I still believe it was my mistake and I will try to prove that tonight, if someone else here wants to try my theory please go ahead we will stop all this nonsense "blame".
    Well, I removed kingroot, cleaned system, rebooted and issue went away. After two hours without any hiccup I loaded v4.1 and rerooted again, in the process of rooting kingroot installed kinguser v4.05, now unit is running for over two hours without any video drop.
    Not sure if video drop should be associated with a certain version of kingroot (I used v4.8 before) or something gets corrupted during rooting process in certain conditions but I am 100% sure it is related to the installation of kingroot
    Have you rooted with Kingroot?

I did and found kodi would do the same. When I unrooted it was fine again

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
    Now - Kingroot probably isnt the issue here either. It comes with some "bloatware" - but hardly anything on the level that could cause the issue described in here.

Thank you for the detailed post.

Yes, I am able to do all that and i could invest an hour or more to find the best solution that will allow kingroot and kodi to work perfectly fine together..
    Or I could invest 5 minutes to remove kingroot (a software that i don't really need) and fix the issue that way.

Well, as my time is valuable to me I choose the faster way and removed kingroot. And look, the problem is gone. Hurray!

There is a clear cause and effect here.
    1) Kodi workes flawless
    2) Kingroot was installed
    3) Kodi stops playback with a black screen in random intervalls
    4) Kingroot was removed
    5) Kodi works flawless again.

But yes, it could be my Internet connection (well it is the same with and without kingroot), or my network (oh it is also the same) or the NAS (well, it is the same) or the file on the NAS (right.. it the SAME), or the version of the AFTV or Kodi... But it seems unlikely, because none of that changed.
    Kingroot is the only thing that changed, the only variable. And removing Kingroot fixed the damn problem.
    But then It could also have been your Wifi picking up again - and you will never know, because you dont care to learn how to troubleshoot those issues, or how this works.

I am perfectly capable to debug something like that and i checked a few things before coming here. Oh, i didn't wrote that because I am not the OP and I was just replying with a success to a proposed solution.

Both my NAS and my AFTV is connected using gigabit LAN and no, it was not a dropped stream. A dropped stream could be seen in the kodi event log, and no.. Nothing at all in the event log. Oh, and the debug log overlay was perfectly normal, but the blackout happend anyway. My NAS was sending data to the AFTV without any problem and then it suddenly dropped when the AFTV went black.

The AFTV went into sleep mode (or it looked like that) with a black screen. You had to press a key on the remote to wake the AFTV and see kodi again. The video was stopped.