FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Kingroot - how to remove it from my AFTV?

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By tobenary, Member on 16th March 2016, 10:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th March 2016, 12:49 AM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _u2pop_

hey dude thanks for reply, bro one question i have the TWRP recovery installed and have 5.0.5 rooted with kingroot can i do that STEP for replace it to another pre-rooted rom by rbox?

Correct, follow the guide I posted from aftvnews , if you have TWRP installed already then go ahead and flush latest pre-rooted rom. Post back if this fixed it, it should.
 
 
19th March 2016, 04:49 AM |#32  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
ADB Kingroot removal via ADB:

<Open a CMD window Windows Key + R then cmd <enter>>
adb connect <Your IP address of the stick ie 192.168.1.100:5555>
adb shell
su
ps
kill <PID # for com.kingroot.kinguser:service>
kill <PID # for /data/data-lib/com.kingroot.kinguser/ktools>
pm disable com.kingroot.kinguser
pm uninstall com.kingroot.kinguser

ADB Install guide - http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-setup...dows-computer/

Yes Root is gone after this but you can always reinstall kingroot and reroot.

You did let your stick update to 5.0.5 before rooting right? Good make sure you shut off updates after.
su
pm disable com.amazon.device.software.ota
The Following User Says Thank You to Ewle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ewle Ad-Free
19th March 2016, 08:07 AM |#33  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bula1ca

Correct, follow the guide I posted from aftvnews , if you have TWRP installed already then go ahead and flush latest pre-rooted rom. Post back if this fixed it, it should.

Ok but the post link you gived me is for restore on stock rom then root it,
so im asking if i can upgrade to another pre-rooted without scrollback to stock then root... kingroot rom to rbox rom.
19th March 2016, 10:04 AM |#34  
Senior Member
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 19
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ADB Kingroot removal via ADB:

<Open a CMD window Windows Key + R then cmd <enter>>
adb connect <Your IP address of the stick ie 192.168.1.100:5555>
adb shell
su
ps
kill <PID # for com.kingroot.kinguser:service>
kill <PID # for /data/data-lib/com.kingroot.kinguser/ktools>
pm disable com.kingroot.kinguser
pm uninstall com.kingroot.kinguser

After I uninstalled KingRoot from my Fire TV 1, the icon did not disappear. I can’t find it under the system menu (under "manage installed applications") so I know its gone, also connecting as "su" in "adb shell" is not possible anymore. But in the Apps section within the main menu the KingRoot icon is still there. Clicking on it gives me an error (The installed version of KingRoot cannot be opened. Please check for an available update on your library), pressing the "Uninstall"l button does nothing. I rebooted to see if that would remove it, but it is still there. Fortunately I managed to block the Amazon updates before removing KingRoot. Is there a way to remove the icon?

Anyways, this resolved the Kodi issue for me, where the videos were stopping after 20+ minutes. Thanks!
19th March 2016, 12:40 PM |#35  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _u2pop_

Ok but the post link you gived me is for restore on stock rom then root it,
so im asking if i can upgrade to another pre-rooted without scrollback to stock then root... kingroot rom to rbox rom.

Just flush latest pre-rooted rom released by rbox.
Guide was for a new unit but you already rooted and installed TRWP so no need to do those steps. I thought I said the same thing in my previous post.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionfrg

After I uninstalled KingRoot from my Fire TV 1, the icon did not disappear. I can’t find it under the system menu (under "manage installed applications") so I know its gone, also connecting as "su" in "adb shell" is not possible anymore. But in the Apps section within the main menu the KingRoot icon is still there. Clicking on it gives me an error (The installed version of KingRoot cannot be opened. Please check for an available update on your library), pressing the "Uninstall"l button does nothing. I rebooted to see if that would remove it, but it is still there. Fortunately I managed to block the Amazon updates before removing KingRoot. Is there a way to remove the icon?

Anyways, this resolved the Kodi issue for me, where the videos were stopping after 20+ minutes. Thanks!

reinstall it through ADB (do not run it) and then go to settings/manage apps and uninstall it, it will disappear.
19th March 2016, 07:55 PM |#36  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
hi,
i have a rooted (kingroot 4.8) firestick tv no voice remote with kingroot optimization.
Can i try command adb to unroot and no have screensaver popping up on kodi stream all time,
or with kingroot optimization i will brick stick on reboot after enter adb command?
And can i just pm hide amazon update ? and no pm disable, so when i want to get update back ,
i don't need to root again ? (just unhide)
Thanks

Edit: problem amazon screensaver popping up on kodi stream fixed:

$ adb connect <Your IP address>
$ adb shell
$ su
# ps |grep king
# kill <PID # for /data/data-lib/com.kingroot.kinguser/ktools>
# exit
$ pm hide com.kingroot.kinguser

(if ES explorer popup and ask to delete kingroot.apk , clik cancel, so you can re enable root again at any time)
Now , the amazon screensaver problem is fixed.

$ ps |grep king (no kingroot process is running)

You can re enable root again at any time with command
$ pm unhide com.kingroot.kinguser
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to firesticktv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift firesticktv Ad-Free
23rd March 2016, 08:20 PM |#37  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I have a newbie question here. If I remove root, would my FTV Stick still keep the settings I altered while rooted? For example, all the apps I prevented from auto-run or running Kodi thumbnail data off USB.
23rd March 2016, 11:53 PM |#38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezing_corgi

I have a newbie question here. If I remove root, would my FTV Stick still keep the settings I altered while rooted? For example, all the apps I prevented from auto-run or running Kodi thumbnail data off USB.

If you are talking about the system apps then no as for Kodi data running of the uSB that will not change.
The Following User Says Thank You to bula1ca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bula1ca Ad-Free
24th March 2016, 12:13 AM |#39  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Why not just use the Super Sume app?
24th March 2016, 12:42 AM |#40  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 751
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos91

Why not just use the Super Sume app?

Because it bricks some boxes. Widely reported...
24th March 2016, 06:00 AM |#41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Anyone having problems with KingRoot reactivating itself after the disable and uninstall?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aftv, kingroot, remove

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes