FORUMS

Mouse toggle problem after latest update

150 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By brick00444, Senior Member on 1st July 2019, 07:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I can not get mouse toggle to work after upgrading my fire tv 2 box to 5.2.7.0_r1. Does anyone have it working? I even went to the app store and downloaded the latest one (remote for fire tv ) still no go. Any help would be great. Thanks.
2nd July 2019, 06:17 AM |#2  
Flag Managua
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Try disabling adb debugging from your developer options, and then re-enable it again, that worked for me on the same rom, I think theres something that's messing with the service, the app itself recommend you that if the state of the service is stuck on "starting" try that workaround, I think that would do the job.
2nd July 2019, 12:34 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy272

Try disabling adb debugging from your developer options, and then re-enable it again, that worked for me on the same rom, I think theres something that's messing with the service, the app itself recommend you that if the state of the service is stuck on "starting" try that workaround, I think that would do the job.

Thank you but, I did try that. It starts fine (says started in bottom corner) but, won't bring up the cursor when double clicking the pause/play button.
2nd July 2019, 02:15 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I had the same issue but after rebooting the firetv it worked fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
3rd July 2019, 12:06 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyrd

I had the same issue but after rebooting the firetv it worked fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

No luck, tried that a few times. Thanks though.
29th October 2019, 08:20 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
there is a fix i found
it seems these guys have the latest APK file for the mouse toggle. it worked great on my fire tv. they also have a couple of troubleshooting guidelines.
13th December 2019, 06:06 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
I have a Fire TV 4k Is there a mouse toggle that works for it?

I have tried disabled/enabling ADB and the app always gets stuck on starting, reboot does nothing

I have hooked up a real mouse for **** sakes and the damn FireTV does not seem to support a mouse fully as I don't get a cursor on any app and you don't know where you are clicking. It really sucks as many sideloaded apps won't work fine without touch screen or a mouse cursor
14th December 2019, 06:21 PM |#8  
Flag theManhattan
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saulin78

I have a Fire TV 4k Is there a mouse toggle that works for it?

I have tried disabled/enabling ADB and the app always gets stuck on starting, reboot does nothing

I have hooked up a real mouse for **** sakes and the damn FireTV does not seem to support a mouse fully as I don't get a cursor on any app and you don't know where you are clicking. It really sucks as many sideloaded apps won't work fine without touch screen or a mouse cursor

Try this sequence from shell when mouse toggle is stuck on "starting" or the pointer is stuck:
/data/local/tmp/.mousetoggle/nmouseg stop
/data/local/tmp/.mousetoggle/nmouseg start >/dev/null &
---
26th April 2020, 05:09 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
How to solve this mouse toggle issue?
@brick00444,

Did you get this issue solved? Please tell how to solve this mouse toggle issue?

Regards,
Ashok
27th April 2020, 12:53 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr.ashok

@brick00444,

Did you get this issue solved? Please tell how to solve this mouse toggle issue?

Regards,
Ashok

I flashed rbox's rom and then it worked
27th April 2020, 01:34 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brick00444

I flashed rbox's rom and then it worked

Hmm.. can you provide the link of that rom and if possible complete process of undertaking the rom including root and flashing the new os..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)