why does my netflix looks scrambled? rooted ftv 5.0.4

Search This thread

lalord69

Dec 11, 2007
on my rooted ftv 5.0.4, netflix menu/selection it looks almost like scrambled...shows play fine but its hard to pick anything... i tried deleting the cache/data/reinstalling/rebooting/ and nothing.. even installing the latest apk from google and nothing

any ideas?

yovo8

Aug 7, 2016
I have the same issue with the Netflix menus on FireTV 2 rooted 5.0.5. Repeating patterns of bitmap graphic segments and portions of photos are scrambled over the program selection menus as well as the progress bar overlay during pause and fast forward. Video playback is fine, so I gave up after spending a couple hours trying various methods to fix it. For me, this issue seemed to happen independently of any Amazon OS or Netflix updates. The same Netflix version previously worked fine on both 5.0.4 and 5.0.5.

Repair methods attempted:
  • Cleared data and cache - same result
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled latest FireTV version of Netflix - same result
  • Installed older as well as newer versions of Netflix for AndroidTV - same result; every version appeared exactly identical to the FireTV version
  • Installed Android phone version of Netflix - works properly, but is awkward to use and seems to use a completely seperate set of files from the TV version

IreneSchneider

May 24, 2019
I have the same problem-- scrambled menu on Netflix. It's the only streaming service that scrambles (and it only does it on TV, not on my phone or laptop). Furthermore, it began when I had Time-Warner/Spectrum, but this month I switched to Verizon/Fios and it is still scrambling. Netflix is the only constant here, so it has to be a Netflix problem. I've tried all the solutions mentioned above, and it still scrambles-- usually the menu, but sometimes also the show I start playing. When I called Netflix, the asked me -- get this!-- to list the channels it happens to. My reply was to ask them if they knew how much work that would involve-- they have hundreds if not thousands of programs-- and that, furthermore, I wouldn't do that if they paid me. I'm a customer, not tech support. (Sorry not to be of any help in solving the problem; just adding to the chorus.)

drizzt09

Apr 9, 2016
I have the same problem-- scrambled menu on Netflix. It's the only streaming service that scrambles (and it only does it on TV, not on my phone or laptop). Furthermore, it began when I had Time-Warner/Spectrum, but this month I switched to Verizon/Fios and it is still scrambling. Netflix is the only constant here, so it has to be a Netflix problem. I've tried all the solutions mentioned above, and it still scrambles-- usually the menu, but sometimes also the show I start playing. When I called Netflix, the asked me -- get this!-- to list the channels it happens to. My reply was to ask them if they knew how much work that would involve-- they have hundreds if not thousands of programs-- and that, furthermore, I wouldn't do that if they paid me. I'm a customer, not tech support. (Sorry not to be of any help in solving the problem; just adding to the chorus.)
Is yours also rooted. Netflix doesn't like rooted devices

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

king200

Feb 13, 2012