FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can I Prevent Kodi From Installing on external storage?

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By guy48065, Member on 6th June 2018, 02:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Lately I've been dogged with a problem where Kodi will not launch. Momentary black screen then back to the home page.
I fix by deleting files & folders & reinstall my backup. It works fine until the next time the power cycles on my fire tv box. It didn't used to do this & I've had no problems like this on any of my ftv sticks. Finally I realized it's because after a power cycle I try to start Kodi and it installs itself to my external storage, then won't launch anymore. I can break the cycle by removing the micro SD card but that is an unacceptable solution.

I haven't found this particular twist covered on YouTube. How can I prevent this behavior?

(Fire tv box gen2)

11th June 2018, 03:09 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag MI

More
Nothing?
So is this a stupid question or a too-hard question?
11th June 2018, 06:13 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Here are a couple suggestions:
1. reinstall from your backup, then have FTV move it to your external drive, then move it back to FTV drive.
Maybe this will reset some parameters on the FTV.

2. Just run KODI from your external drive.
I have mine running that way and it runs fine.
14th June 2018, 10:07 PM |#4  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy48065

Lately I've been dogged with a problem where Kodi will not launch. Momentary black screen then back to the home page.
I fix by deleting files & folders & reinstall my backup. It works fine until the next time the power cycles on my fire tv box. It didn't used to do this & I've had no problems like this on any of my ftv sticks. Finally I realized it's because after a power cycle I try to start Kodi and it installs itself to my external storage, then won't launch anymore. I can break the cycle by removing the micro SD card but that is an unacceptable solution.

I haven't found this particular twist covered on YouTube. How can I prevent this behavior?

(Fire tv box gen2)

Please provide two screenshots:

1) Click on "Manage Installed Applications" in the SDCard menu and insert a screenshot of the following page here
2) Click on Kodi -> App settings and insert a screenshot of this shown page here. Please do not click on "Move to xxx" for this second screenshot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	screens.png
Views:	20
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	4526885
15th June 2018, 04:57 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag MI

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman74

Please provide two screenshots:

1) Click on "Manage Installed Applications" in the SDCard menu and insert a screenshot of the following page here
2) Click on Kodi -> App settings and insert a screenshot of this shown page here. Please do not click on "Move to xxx" for this second screenshot!

Attachment 4526885

You want me to upload photos of my TV screen? Okeedokee...I'll try tonight if I'm home.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)