FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Remote stopped working. Any idea amazon fire tv?

361 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By wakkaday, Senior Member on 14th February 2015, 08:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Weird. My remote has stopped working I have checked batteries and changed them and its the same...

Can anyone advise? Or is it just faulty. Is this common

Sent from my D5803 using XDA Free mobile app

14th February 2015, 10:44 PM |#2  

More
Mine just stopped working. Checked the status, and it says offline. Tried two different sets of new batteries.
15th February 2015, 07:58 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Ahrens

Mine just stopped working. Checked the status, and it says offline. Tried two different sets of new batteries.

thats strange
could it be linked to the account

mines not rooted or anything

although my phone remote works fine
15th February 2015, 04:51 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hold down the Home button for at least five seconds. Give it a few seconds and see if the remote works.
15th February 2015, 04:59 PM |#5  
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 43

More
From Amazon: Can't Pair a Remote or Game Controller
15th February 2015, 06:21 PM |#6  

More
It's not a BT pairing problem; the remote just died. Amazon is sending a new one. It should arrive today. This is actually the second remote that failed. The first one had a battery drain problem. I guess that the remote fail enough where they changed their return policy so that they will actually send out a new remote, and you just return the old one when you get it - kind of like the hard drive warranty policy.
16th February 2015, 05:49 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
This just happened to me. I thought my remote stopped working when I forcefully shut down the amazon fire tv (pressing and holding the center and play button).
When the amazon firetv rebooted the remote stopped functioning.

Luckily, I used the Amazon remote on my android phone and went into setting to repair the bluetooth on the remote and everything worked fine.
I do not know why it lost its bluetooth connection.
7th October 2016, 09:39 PM |#8  

More
My fire tv remote won't work. There is no light on the remote when I press any function. I changed batteries with new ones and it's still not working? Any ideas or do I need a new remote. My fire tv box is fairly new.
8th October 2016, 02:10 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 667

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIETNAMCHARLIE

My fire tv remote won't work. There is no light on the remote when I press any function. I changed batteries with new ones and it's still not working? Any ideas or do I need a new remote. My fire tv box is fairly new.

For regular issues like that, I would chat with Amazon. They will probably run through done things then replace if necessary
12th March 2018, 06:21 PM |#10  

More
My fire stick remote is doing weird things. When I go to choose anything, like choosing a movie to watch or picking a video, the remote won't stop on my choice. The minute I press to go through the programmes to get to my own, the remote flies along and doesn't stop until the end. It's driving me nuts. I try to send it back and it does the same thing, not stopping until it gets to the beginning. I try to outwit it by clicking on pages that I can't even see because it's moving too fast and sometimes I can stop it that way, albeit not on the stop that's playing what I want to see. Has anyone else had this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)