FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Are there any stable Lineage OS ports for the Fire TV Stick 4K {Mantis}?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Skel40, Junior Member on 30th December 2019, 04:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is there a possibility in the future for a stable Lineage OS rom for the Fire TV Stick 4K? I'm already seeing Lineage OS available for other Fire TV devices, not the 4K Fire TV Stick. At this point I'm already tired of Fire OS and it's limitations. I've disabled system applications to see what they do to debloat my Fire TV Stick 4k, searched and searched numerous times on what these packages do, no luck. Is there also a chance to fully replace the Fire TV launcher with a home selection prompt built in? It'd be interesting to see a zip file to download that contains a home selection to whatever launcher you want and having the ability to get Firestarter and Firestopper work again. Disabling Not in my house didn't solve the problem, I'm looking deeper with this issue. There's a lot of problems with Fire OS itself lacking settings to enable usage access, the full developer options and not just apps from unknown sources and adb debugging, my goal with the stick is to remove everything Amazon done to make these apps as their "blacklist" there seems to be an automation within the system that prevents you from making these apps work. Help would be very much appreciated to solve this for all Fire TV users with root permissions and twrp
12th January 2020, 02:39 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skel40

Is there a possibility in the future for a stable Lineage OS rom for the Fire TV Stick 4K? I'm already seeing Lineage OS available for other Fire TV devices, not the 4K Fire TV Stick. At this point I'm already tired of Fire OS and it's limitations. I've disabled system applications to see what they do to debloat my Fire TV Stick 4k, searched and searched numerous times on what these packages do, no luck. Is there also a chance to fully replace the Fire TV launcher with a home selection prompt built in? It'd be interesting to see a zip file to download that contains a home selection to whatever launcher you want and having the ability to get Firestarter and Firestopper work again. Disabling Not in my house didn't solve the problem, I'm looking deeper with this issue. There's a lot of problems with Fire OS itself lacking settings to enable usage access, the full developer options and not just apps from unknown sources and adb debugging, my goal with the stick is to remove everything Amazon done to make these apps as their "blacklist" there seems to be an automation within the system that prevents you from making these apps work. Help would be very much appreciated to solve this for all Fire TV users with root permissions and twrp

No LineageOS yet for Mantis on Fire TV threads. Can you only customize/modify your Fire TV into full stock Android:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/fir...antis-t4025723

You want to grant your app's usage access permission using ADB:
Code:
adb shell
pm grant <package-name-here> android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS

//Example
pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)