FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyway to debloat FireStick 2 running 5.2.6.3?

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By yungskeeme01, Member on 7th May 2018, 12:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I’ve had Kodi since I got my FireStick on Black Friday of 2016. I’ve been trying to customize it as much as possible but I know it’s Lipitor’s without root. Added the HA launcher and love it. Want to debloat the amazon crap to make it faster. Anyway to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7th May 2018, 05:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungskeeme01

I’ve had Kodi since I got my FireStick on Black Friday of 2016. I’ve been trying to customize it as much as possible but I know it’s Lipitor’s without root. Added the HA launcher and love it. Want to debloat the amazon crap to make it faster. Anyway to do this?

Unfortunately, there is no currently known method to remove/disable bloatware on devices that are running firmware 5.2.6.1 or higher.
7th May 2018, 05:40 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Damn. Ok thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8th May 2018, 11:26 AM |#4  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Due to the new firmware you should only buy a current Fire TV device if you mainly use Amazon Prime!

That was exactly the goal Amazon was pursuing
8th May 2018, 06:26 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
^ Bullshit. My debloated Firestick 2 broke. Still can do everything I could do before, with its replacement 5.26.1 (boot to new launcher etc). Only thing missing is voice search in Leanback.
9th June 2018, 12:17 AM |#6  

More
Would you be so kind as to share? There is A LOT of information to sift through and AFTVNews is actually still indicating that the Fire TV 3 can't be rooted, which we know isn't necessarily true now (given firmware level).

Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)