FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Toshiba FireTV Boot Loop

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By furrysalamander, Junior Member on 15th April 2019, 06:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everyone. Last night I tried to install Google Play services and Android account manager on an otherwise unmodified Toshiba FireTV (Model# 50LF621U19 since I can't post links yet). Unfortunately, when I attempted to restart it in the hopes that it would fix the problems I was having, it started a boot loop. It gets past the initial Toshiba/FireTV logo, but then just displays the FireTV logo with a set of pulsing dots underneath. I'm fine with a factory reset, but I can't figure out how to get into any sort of recovery.

Things I've tried so far:
* ADB over network
- I had developer options enabled so that I could install .apks, but I had no luck here. It seems that the boot loop doesn't connect to the network long enough for ADB to initialize. My hope with this would be that I could uninstall the .apks I installed yesterday.
* Alt+PrtScrn+I
* Back+Right on Remote
* Disassembled the TV to check for any way to connect to the actual board
- All the actual FireTV stuff was under some shielding that was soldered onto the board. Couldn't identify any pinout that would be a spot to connect a USB cable.

No luck so far. I'm really stressing out over this one, and I have no idea what to try next. Anyone have any ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to furrysalamander For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift furrysalamander Ad-Free
16th April 2019, 10:39 PM |#2  
Maybe just let it sit for a really long time ? Another thread had the same issue, but never said how it fixed itself...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/fir...3#post79191643
20th April 2019, 04:35 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Great news everyone, I solved the problem. Posting this so hopefully it can be of use to someone else someday. On the Toshiba FireTV, in order to enter recovery mode, you unplug it, depress and hold the power button, and then plug it back in. You can release the power button once you see the toshiba and amazon logos.
3rd December 2019, 07:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Just adding this works for the Insignia FireTVs as well. To cycle through, use the power button and then hold the power button for selecting the action
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)