FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

Uninstalled app still seen with ES

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ezyonme, Junior Member on 8th January 2018, 05:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a Fire TV Box with expansion card installed.
I was using Terrarium TV version 1.7.6 I uninstalled the app and went to install a newer version. (old version no longer showing up under all apps) However it says that the old version is still installed. I have rebooted the stick multiple times. I have removed the expansion card and tried to load to the internal storage but have the same result.
I have Used ES to look at the files on my box but unable to find anything except when I go to local and app then the Icon for Terrarium shows up there I can press uninstall from there but it does not do anything.
I have connected in with a FTP client to the box and ran a search for anything that starts with TERR but it comes up blank. except for one file called Monterrey
found in /Android/data/org.aerialview.avs/files/.kodi/addons/temp/a555ddd1-97a1-40ed-9158-90a852306047/pytz/zoneinfo/America/Monterrey
I really do not want to have to factory reset my box and start it over if I don't have to.
Hope someone out there can help.

10th January 2018, 10:11 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Get rid of ES... I just got a newer router & had to change the lan server id; cannot edit the old lan server to the new lan server id; cannot delete old lan server icon.

Sideload the free 'total commander' for android & then sideload the lan plan plugin. TC is able to have the app on windows be installed like ES but much faster to access the app on the pc platform. Also TC will let you do more than ES but easier/simpler; it also has a dual pane mode capabilities.
10th January 2018, 10:31 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Still same issue
Thanks for the Ideas,

I have loaded the TC as you suggested but still have the same issue I can not find were it is storing the blasted file remnants that keep me from installing the new 1.9 version. TC says that it is not there at all so ES was able to see somthing that TC could not.
So i still have my original issue of not being able to install the new version 1.9 because it still thinks version 1.7 is still installed.
14th January 2018, 03:59 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Are you trying to use ES to install the 1.9 ver??? Use TC to do the install. I do think the problem is ES & that it kept some junk in ES somewhere.

I installed the 1.9 & the video player & codec using TC. After a day I uninstalled the codec, then the player then the 1.9. No sign of 1.9 Did not check with ES as I've uninstalled ES since it is a piece of junk. As i have stated, ES won't let me delete a lan server or edit it; this leads me to believe that your 1.7 is still only in ES's stuff but not exist as far as the system/Fire TV.
The Following User Says Thank You to sacto7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sacto7 Ad-Free
15th January 2018, 12:45 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Got it
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacto7

Are you trying to use ES to install the 1.9 ver??? Use TC to do the install. I do think the problem is ES & that it kept some junk in ES somewhere.

I installed the 1.9 & the video player & codec using TC. After a day I uninstalled the codec, then the player then the 1.9. No sign of 1.9 Did not check with ES as I've uninstalled ES since it is a piece of junk. As i have stated, ES won't let me delete a lan server or edit it; this leads me to believe that your 1.7 is still only in ES's stuff but not exist as far as the system/Fire TV.

So I uninstalled ES again. Downloaded the file from FIREDL and ran the installer still would not load.
Ran the file From TC still would not load.
Used App2Fire program and found an empty folder on the SD card called Terrarium. I deleted that and then ran the .APK file again and BAMM good to go. Thanks for all the help and advice.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)