FORUMS

Wrong buttons for paired game controllers on Fire TV Cube 2nd gen

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Sepharat, Junior Member on 8th February 2020, 12:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I just got a Fire TV Cube 2nd generation and I was trying to pair it with a game controller to use Steam Link, Shadow and Geforce Now. I've been able to pair both a Xbox One and a PS4 controllers via bluetooth but both end up having the same problem; the home button doesn't work as expected and the start button doesn't work at all.
With the Xbox One controller the home button takes you back to the Fire TV launcher while the start button doesn't do anything. The select button seem to do what the home button should do as by pressing it the Steam overlay pops up but it takes it quite many seconds to realise I have pressed it.
So apparently Amazon has dropped support for game controllers, even theirs, but I don't get how the option is still available, controllers can be paired but then there is no way to configure them to fix these issues.
Does anyone know if there is any way to fix this problem?

Thanks.
14th February 2020, 02:37 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepharat

Hi,
I just got a Fire TV Cube 2nd generation and I was trying to pair it with a game controller to use Steam Link, Shadow and Geforce Now. I've been able to pair both a Xbox One and a PS4 controllers via bluetooth but both end up having the same problem; the home button doesn't work as expected and the start button doesn't work at all.
With the Xbox One controller the home button takes you back to the Fire TV launcher while the start button doesn't do anything. The select button seem to do what the home button should do as by pressing it the Steam overlay pops up but it takes it quite many seconds to realise I have pressed it.
So apparently Amazon has dropped support for game controllers, even theirs, but I don't get how the option is still available, controllers can be paired but then there is no way to configure them to fix these issues.
Does anyone know if there is any way to fix this problem?

Thanks.

You can use button mapper app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)