FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

adbLink v3.3

3,017 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,352
 
By jocala, Senior Member on 31st May 2016, 07:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th December 2016, 08:55 AM |#101  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

adbLink 2.07 Released

Changelog:

Windows: If installing on top of an existing installation, preexisting
database and log files will be erased.

Select multiple apk files for installation to Android device

Select multiple files for push to Android device

Start/Stop Android apps on connected device

Logs menu item added: view adbLink/Kodi logs

Download SPMC file menu function added

Double-print of port in logfile corrected

Parallel adb processes functionality restored

ADB Port is not reset when switching OS in preferences: fixed

Root menu removed

http://www.jocala.com

Excellent work Jocala! Can't wait to go home and test it out!

A question regarding 2.05 when connecting to multiple devices, when I click Connect sometimes it doesn't connect/appear in the connected devices straight away and I have to close adblink and reopen it and try again, and it then it usually works. This doesn't always happen but it does sometimes so was wondering if you had any ideas why? do I need to give it a few seconds before I click Connect once I select a different device?

Edit: the first device always connects first time, its the devices after the first that sometimes don't appear straight away
 
 
9th December 2016, 04:39 PM |#102  
jocala's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,352
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisetrading

Excellent work Jocala! Can't wait to go home and test it out!

A question regarding 2.05 when connecting to multiple devices, when I click Connect sometimes it doesn't connect/appear in the connected devices straight away and I have to close adblink and reopen it and try again, and it then it usually works. This doesn't always happen but it does sometimes so was wondering if you had any ideas why? do I need to give it a few seconds before I click Connect once I select a different device?

Edit: the first device always connects first time, its the devices after the first that sometimes don't appear straight away

That's odd, check your log for clues if it happens again. BTW, next time you see lag, try pressing the Refresh ADB button.
10th December 2016, 05:31 PM |#103  
christoophat's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Installed 2.07 yesterday & used it to:
update SPMC to 16.5, and also to move my data files over to the SD card. Very cool! We watched movies using it last night , everything was fine.
This morning however, now when I try to use SPMC, it won't boot. Have tried restarting AFTV2 several times, but am seeing the same results. I'm kind of lost here on what else it could be, since I didn't change anything , and it worked yesterday. The only difference was using AdbLink. If I wanted to wipe everything & start over, will adblink uninstall SPMC AND also remove the data folder for me? thanks
10th December 2016, 06:02 PM |#104  
jocala's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,352
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoophat

Installed 2.07 yesterday & used it to:
update SPMC to 16.5, and also to move my data files over to the SD card. Very cool! We watched movies using it last night , everything was fine.
This morning however, now when I try to use SPMC, it won't boot. Have tried restarting AFTV2 several times, but am seeing the same results. I'm kind of lost here on what else it could be, since I didn't change anything , and it worked yesterday. The only difference was using AdbLink. If I wanted to wipe everything & start over, will adblink uninstall SPMC AND also remove the data folder for me? thanks

You can un-install SPMC with adbLink or the AFTV launcher, however, you'll need to
wipe your external sdcard clean manually and delete the /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties file, or
use adbLink to move your data back prior to SPMC deletion.

adbLink uses the Android "pm uninstall" command to uninstall apps and while it
will delete the default SPMC data area, it doesn't know about the redirect that
the xbmc_env.properties file creates, telling SPMC that its data is located
elsewhere.
10th December 2016, 06:14 PM |#105  
christoophat's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

You can un-install SPMC with adbLink or the AFTV launcher, however, you'll need to
wipe your external sdcard clean manually and delete the /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties file, or
use adbLink to move your data back prior to SPMC deletion.

adbLink uses the Android "pm uninstall" command to uninstall apps and while it
will delete the default SPMC data area, it doesn't know about the redirect that
the xbmc_env.properties file creates, telling SPMC that its data is located
elsewhere.

Figuring I needed to just wipe & start over, I first tried uninstalling it via adblink, but it couldn't seem to find it in the list of installed .apks for me to attempt it, so ended up doing it thru AFTV. During the process, it noted that all data related to the app would also be removed, and I notice the SD now is showing about 2GB more available that when SPMC was installed, so...did it also take out the data folders too (which were about 2.1 GB when I moved them?
Just confused as to why it was working fine last night, but not today...oh well.
Update: I pulled the SD card & looked at it in my PC, and indeed it appears that AFTV does also remove the linked data files from SPMC. All I saw on the card were the normal Android folders
10th December 2016, 06:43 PM |#106  
jocala's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,352
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoophat

Figuring I needed to just wipe & start over, I first tried uninstalling it via adblink, but it couldn't seem to find it in the list of installed .apks for me to attempt it, so ended up doing it thru AFTV. During the process, it noted that all data related to the app would also be removed, and I notice the SD now is showing about 2GB more available that when SPMC was installed, so...did it also take out the data folders too (which were about 2.1 GB when I moved them?
Just confused as to why it was working fine last night, but not today...oh well.

Unfortunately, the search filter for uninstalls is broken (working on a fix for 2.08). However, scrolling through the list and selecting com.semperpax.spmc will delete SPMC. It's easy to miss a package name when browsing through the list, though.

In my tests, deleting Kodi/SPMC when data has been moved to external locations, does not delete the moved data. It must be done manually. Also, as I mentioned, the /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties file is also left behind. This file will cause problems for a new install if it's not deleted.

adbLiink is mainly just a front-end for Android SDK's adb. No software is bug-free, but I haven't encountered any issues with moving Kodi/SPMC data via adbLink vs doing the same thing manually using the Android SDK.
10th December 2016, 06:56 PM |#107  
christoophat's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

Unfortunately, the search filter for uninstalls is broken (working on a fix for 2.08). However, scrolling through the list and selecting com.semperpax.spmc will delete SPMC. It's easy to miss a package name when browsing through the list, though.

In my tests, deleting Kodi/SPMC when data has been moved to external locations, does not delete the moved data. It must be done manually. Also, as I mentioned, the /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties file is also left behind. This file will cause problems for a new install if it's not deleted.

adbLiink is mainly just a front-end for Android SDK's adb. No software is bug-free, but I haven't encountered any issues with moving Kodi/SPMC data via adbLink vs doing the same thing manually using the Android SDK.

Yes, I'm sure I missed it (kept looking for "spmc" versus semperpax). Anyways, I reformatted the SD card & have reinstalled SPMC using adblink & am rebuilding Movies database, then will move data folder to SD, then continue to rescan TV Shows & Music files. Was time for a refresh anyways, as I've moved my files to a dedicated NAS box & wanted to rescan from the new locaiton.
10th December 2016, 07:36 PM |#108  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

No idea, sorry.

I can confirm that the Mi Box does not allow for Network Debugging. Utilizing Minimal ADB and Fast Boot with USB Debugging turned on in the Mi Box while connected to a PC via male to male USB cable did the trick. It's a bit of a PIA but I really enjoy having SPMC Launcher over the stock Leanback Launcher.
10th December 2016, 08:19 PM |#109  
jocala's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,352
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irokutwo

I can confirm that the Mi Box does not allow for Network Debugging. Utilizing Minimal ADB and Fast Boot with USB Debugging turned on in the Mi Box while connected to a PC via male to male USB cable did the trick. It's a bit of a PIA but I really enjoy having SPMC Launcher over the stock Leanback Launcher.

Thank you for the report. Using adbLink with the male->male USB cable will work as well.
10th December 2016, 08:24 PM |#110  
christoophat's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Man, I don't know what is going on here, again SPMC refuses to open after a fresh install using ablink, scanning Movies, set up skin. Then tried to exit, screen froze, had to pull power. Rebooted, and now have same issue, only shows grey screen. Even updated to the latest apk (16.5.1) whack! I posted issue on Github.
One thing I noticed is that after I'd scanned my movies to build up a data file & went into adblink to try & move it to SD card, abdlink said it already existed?
10th December 2016, 10:02 PM |#111  
jocala's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,352
 
Donate to Me
More
Video: adbLink Backup and Restore
New video:

Backup and Restore Kodi using adbLink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ0ELD_iQpY
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes