10th December 2016, 11:05 PM |#112  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,360

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoophat

Man, I don't know what is going on here, again SPMC refuses to open after a fresh install using ablink, scanning Movies, set up skin. Then tried to exit, screen froze, had to pull power. Rebooted, and now have same issue, only shows grey screen. Even updated to the latest apk (16.5.1) whack! I posted issue on Github.
One thing I noticed is that after I'd scanned my movies to build up a data file & went into adblink to try & move it to SD card, abdlink said it already existed?

Sorry to hear that. It will be interesting to hear what Koying has to say.
10th December 2016, 11:22 PM |#113  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

Sorry to hear that. It will be interesting to hear what Koying has to say.

May try reinstalling 16.4 again , just to see what happens.
I was wondering why I couldn't move the data file, or rather why adblink said that /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties already existed? If SPMC/Kodi is installed or moved to the SD card right afterwards (before and media scanning is done), will the data file automatically reside on the SD card? I know when I used it yesterday to move data, it worked, moving over 2GB to SD.
10th December 2016, 11:48 PM |#114  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

May try reinstalling 16.4 again , just to see what happens.
I was wondering why I couldn't move the data file, or rather why adblink said that /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties already existed? If SPMC/Kodi is installed or moved to the SD card right afterwards (before and media scanning is done), will the data file automatically reside on the SD card? I know when I used it yesterday to move data, it worked, moving over 2GB to SD.

adbLink checks for /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties before it does a move. If it exists, it thinks the move has already been done.

In my tests, moving Kodi to SD via AFTV settings does not move data. Settings warns that some apps display this behavior.
11th December 2016, 01:03 AM |#115  
Flag SoCal

More
Quote:

adbLink checks for /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties before it does a move. If it exists, it thinks the move has already been done.

In my tests, moving Kodi to SD via AFTV settings does not move data. Settings warns that some apps display this behavior.

So would you say the best process would be to install SPMC/Kodi, then scan media, then move SPMC/Kodi to SD card via AFTV, and finally move datafiles to SD card via abdlink?
Currently have 16.4.2 installed on AFTV via ESExplorer and am scanning media now. I closed it & reopened it & it worked, so ...fingers crossed.
11th December 2016, 03:31 AM |#116  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So would you say the best process would be to install SPMC/Kodi, then scan media, then move SPMC/Kodi to SD card via AFTV, and finally move datafiles to SD card via abdlink?
Currently have 16.4.2 installed on AFTV via ESExplorer and am scanning media now. I closed it & reopened it & it worked, so ...fingers crossed.

Personally, I don't see the point of moving the Kodi app to sd. You only save a whopping 120Mb or so.
11th December 2016, 03:34 AM |#117  
Flag SoCal

More
Quote:

Personally, I don't see the point of moving the Kodi app to sd. You only save a whopping 120Mb or so.

hmm...excellent point.
11th December 2016, 03:44 AM |#118  
Flag SoCal

More
Still confused
OK, so I want to move just the SPMC data over to SD card. I opened adblink, connect, click move Kodi Data, but then all I see it the attached. What does that mean?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-10 18_36_44-adbLink.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	3964794  
11th December 2016, 03:50 AM |#119  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

OK, so I want to move just the SPMC data over to SD card. I opened adblink, connect, click move Kodi Data, but then all I see it the attached. What does that mean?

adbLink checks for /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties before it does a move. If it exists, it thinks the move has already been done. You need to delete it, before you move your data again.

You can use the delete button after selecting sdcard or you can use the ADB Shell button and paste the following into the console

Code:
rm  /sdcard/xbmc_env.properties
The Following User Says Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jocala Ad-Free
11th December 2016, 05:30 AM |#120  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Two new videos
Two new videos:

Installing Kodi with adbLink
https://youtu.be/7sghLZLVgKc

Installing SPMC with adbLink
https://youtu.be/rrCCIc2crPc
11th December 2016, 08:33 PM |#121  
Flag SoCal

More
Just wanted to post an update on my issue. Re installed SMPC 16.4.2 from scratch, rescanned everything again last night watched movies & played music as normal. Today booted up AFTV to find the Music tracks have been dropped from GUI, had to rescan all over again (over an hour) used adblink to update to 16.5.2, hoping for a fix, but now SPMC no longer boots again, only to black screen. I give up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)