3rd June 2016, 02:17 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,334

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0rp10

it shows as a folder on the sdcard and I'm able to access it within kodi at /data/media/0/sda1.

thanks for your help

Good to know, thanks.

4th June 2016, 04:39 AM |#12  
Riverside
Thanks Meter: 0

More
When I open adblink it Pops up with the error Can't create logfile.
4th June 2016, 03:19 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwhs123

When I open adblink it Pops up with the error Can't create logfile.

This error means that adbLink is unable to write to the installation location.

It mostly happens to Mac users when they run adbLink from within the dmg container. You must DRAG the app from the dmg folder to the /Applications folder. It can also happen if you don't have write privileges in the Application folder (your user isn't admin). It that case drag adbLink to your Desktop, or any other location where you have write privileges.
6th June 2016, 02:18 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
I was able to install kodi and a few other app a week afoot , I tried today to install a app and now I get device offline error...read the help file tried what it said still won't install.. Device offline.. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G935P using XDA-Developers mobile app
6th June 2016, 04:33 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by googster

I was able to install kodi and a few other app a week afoot , I tried today to install a app and now I get device offline error...read the help file tried what it said still won't install.. Device offline.. Any suggestions?

Try pressing "Refresh ADB", sometimes it helps.
Check for other processes that may have adb tied up
Reboot
The Following User Says Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jocala Ad-Free
6th June 2016, 05:25 AM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

Try pressing "Refresh ADB", sometimes it helps.
Check for other processes that may have adb tied up
Reboot

Thank you for the reply.. When you say other processes do you mean on the firetv or on the computer...?
Where would I find them and how to stop them... Or a thread on it... Or something.. Thanks
6th June 2016, 04:37 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you for the reply.. When you say other processes do you mean on the firetv or on the computer...?
Where would I find them and how to stop them... Or a thread on it... Or something.. Thanks

Think of the "offline" status as a busy signal. It simply means that another instance of adb has snagged a connection to your Fire TV, preventing you from properly connecting. That "other" adb connection could be a phantom adb instance running on your PC, or an adb connection made from another computer/tablet/phone on your network, or something like FireStarter running on the device itself. For a computer, use task manager for windows/ activity monitor for mac. I use ps to look at processes running under the linux kernel (Fire TV, phones,tablets,etc).

Also, try rebooting the Fire TV...
The Following User Says Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jocala Ad-Free
6th June 2016, 05:28 PM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

Think of the "offline" status as a busy signal. It simply means that another instance of adb has snagged a connection to your Fire TV, preventing you from properly connecting. That "other" adb connection could be a phantom adb instance running on your PC, or an adb connection made from another computer/tablet/phone on your network, or something like FireStarter running on the device itself. For a computer, use task manager for windows/ activity monitor for mac. I use ps to look at processes running under the linux kernel (Fire TV, phones,tablets,etc).

Also, try rebooting the Fire TV...

Thank you.. Ok.. I get it.. I used my computer to load a couple of app then used "Apps2fire' on my phone..At the same time.. They both worked. For about 20 minutes.. I factory reset my Firetv and it connected, then used my phone it connected, then shortly after, computer says offline, and phone will not connect..
May have to factory reset my Firetv again and just stick to computer 💻.. Thanks again @jocala

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote:

Thank you.. Ok.. I get it.. I used my computer to load a couple of app then used "Apps2fire' on my phone..At the same time.. They both worked. For about 20 minutes.. I factory reset my Firetv and it connected, then used my phone it connected, then shortly after, computer says offline, and phone will not connect..
May have to factory reset my Firetv again and just stick to computer 💻.. Thanks again @jocala

@jocala Im pretty sure it was "Mouse Toggle" I installed.. Its was still trying to start even after I restarted my Firetv.. I uninstalled it now I'm getting a (device instead of offline) under status for adblink thanks again for your help

6th June 2016, 05:31 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

@jocala Im pretty sure it was "Mouse Toggle" I installed.. Its was still trying to start even after I restarted my Firetv.. I uninstalled it now I'm getting a (device instead of offline) under status for adblink thanks again for your help

Good to know. Thanks for the report.
18th June 2016, 02:24 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, where's the screenshot button gone?
18th June 2016, 08:14 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony2312

Hi, where's the screenshot button gone?

Gone, but back in 2.05. In the meantime, open adbLink Console and paste the command:

Code:
adb shell screencap -p /sdcard/screenshot.png
Then pull the png file from /sdcard. Be aware that the screencap command is failing for some users running OS 5.x. In that case the png file created is zero bytes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)