8th May 2017, 07:13 AM |#191  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,357

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y314K

Thanks again. Just played with the Sleep Timer using the built in ADB Shell. No probs at all.

May I PM you once with a non ADBLink related ? if I may ?

Sure
The Following User Says Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jocala Ad-Free

15th May 2017, 06:59 PM |#192  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
adbLink 3.3 05/15/17
adbLink 3.3 05/15/17

Remote keypad bug fixed

Check for preference database table
bug fixed.

Keyboard shortcuts added for main
screen buttons. Hover over button
to see tooltip and key assignment
or see help topic "Shortcuts".

Shortcut topic added to help.
Lists tooltip and keyboard
shortcuts for main screen buttons.

http://www.jocala.com
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jocala Ad-Free
28th May 2017, 03:07 PM |#193  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

adbLink 3.3 05/15/17

The Pull Folder is always User-Directory, the customized path for pull folder it is not respected anymore. Last working version for customized pull folder is 3.0.
The Following User Says Thank You to rainman74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rainman74 Ad-Free
28th May 2017, 05:19 PM |#194  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman74

The Pull Folder is always User-Directory, the customized path for pull folder it is not respected anymore. Last working version for customized pull folder is 3.0.

Thank you for the report. I confirm your issue.

Pulls go to the default directory set in preferences, which by default is $home. You can change this setting in preferences to whatever directory you wish. The pull directory in the device record should override the global default in preferences. Not working, will be fixed for 3.4.
27th June 2017, 05:36 PM |#195  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
adbLink 3.4 released
adbLink 3.4 06/27/17

Cconnect/disconnect buttons are disabled when
the device OS isn't Android.

The pull directory in the device record now overrides
the global default pull directory in in preferences.

A check box, "Disable root", has been added to the
device dialog. If you have a rooted device that
fails to display the file manager correctly, try
checking this box. See help for more detail on this.

http://www.jocala.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jocala Ad-Free
6th August 2017, 08:06 PM |#196  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I just redid my AFTV2 with a complete wipe and restore using RBox's tools. Am running the latest AFTV2 image with root and am using adblink 3.4.

adb is giving me issues when trying to install apks. I would get permission denied errors with adb install. Troubleshooting led me to the fact that /data/local/tmp was protected. I verified that I could create files in /data/local/tmp (echo foo>bar) as root, but would get permission errors as a normal user.

I have no issues on my AFTV Stick 2 that DOES NOT have root. I can create anything in /data/local/tmp just fine.

As root, I attempted to chmod 777 /data, /data/local, and /data/local/tmp with no luck. I also tried making my permissions match my AFTV Stick 2. /data is 775, /data/local is 751, /data/local/tmp is 771.

Is there something else going on with permissions?
7th August 2017, 06:00 AM |#197  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBNobody

I just redid my AFTV2 with a complete wipe and restore using RBox's tools. Am running the latest AFTV2 image with root and am using adblink 3.4.

adb is giving me issues when trying to install apks. I would get permission denied errors with adb install. Troubleshooting led me to the fact that /data/local/tmp was protected. I verified that I could create files in /data/local/tmp (echo foo>bar) as root, but would get permission errors as a normal user.

I have no issues on my AFTV Stick 2 that DOES NOT have root. I can create anything in /data/local/tmp just fine.

As root, I attempted to chmod 777 /data, /data/local, and /data/local/tmp with no luck. I also tried making my permissions match my AFTV Stick 2. /data is 775, /data/local is 751, /data/local/tmp is 771.

Is there something else going on with permissions?

No idea on this one, sorry.
7th August 2017, 05:06 PM |#198  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

No idea on this one, sorry.

Ah, well... I am not leaving this one alone. I will solve it and let you know.

There isn't a way to change the location that adb uses as temp, is there?
7th August 2017, 05:36 PM |#199  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I just tried to rebuild all my firetv sticks and whilst i can install APK on each with no problem, file manager does nada - I cant seem to see anything to pull and cant seem to push anything (I get a pop up at least to select files). No error messages or anything, just blinks and does nothing! Nothing shown in either of the two file boxes so not even sure which is which
7th August 2017, 05:41 PM |#200  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akscooby

I just tried to rebuild all my firetv sticks and whilst i can install APK on each with no problem, file manager does nada - I cant seem to see anything to pull and cant seem to push anything (I get a pop up at least to select files). No error messages or anything, just blinks and does nothing! Nothing shown in either of the two file boxes so not even sure which is which

A check box, "Disable root", has been added to the device dialog. If you have a rooted device that fails to display the file manager correctly, try checking this box.

From File Manager Help:

Quote:

If your device is rooted and file manager displays blank panels when launched, your system's "su" utility does not accept parameters passed via the shell, something that adbLink requires. You can solve this by installing SuperSU by chainfire, available in the Google Play store, and letting it replace the su installed on your system.

If installing SuperSU isn't possible, you can turn off root functionality by checking the "Disable root" checkbox in the device record. This will allow File Manager to operate normally on user data areas such as /sdcard.

7th August 2017, 05:57 PM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
yeah I tried that even tho my sticks are pretty much stock but made no difference.

For now have set up an FTP to get the files pushed across as cant get anything to appear (even I assume local files should appear in the left window but all I see it two .. )
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)