5th January 2018, 07:47 PM |#221  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,376

Donate to Me
More
New video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ablq...ature=youtu.be

New video: Adding, editing and deleting adbLink device records.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jocala Ad-Free

11th January 2018, 07:27 PM |#222  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi Jocala have a fire stick connected with ip address when i try to install apk i get busybox install failed check log any idea ?
adbLink 3.5
IP: 192.168.1.107
OS X
------------

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Ok sorted cheers k
14th January 2018, 08:11 PM |#223  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
New video
New video: Cloning Desktop Kodi (Windows/Mac/Linux) to an Android device.

https://youtu.be/Cq9RSmO4bDE
The Following User Says Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jocala Ad-Free
21st January 2018, 02:57 PM |#224  

More
I am trying to follow the uninstall debloating commands from this post:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/fir...stick-t3674629
When using adblink3.5 and use the uninstall option with -k i get a failed message and log shows:
Quote:

open uninstall dialog
package: "./adb.exe" -s 7094181251671BCN -s 7094181251671BCN shell pm list packages
android.amazon.perm is installed
uninstall: "./adb.exe" -s 7094181251671BCN shell pm uninstall -k android.amazon.perm
process time duration: 24 seconds

if i go to adbshell and run his command manually i get:
Quote:

127|shell@montoya:/ $ adb uninstall -k --user 0 android.amazon.perm
adb uninstall -k --user 0 android.amazon.perm
/system/bin/sh: adb: not found

any ideas how to go about doing this? thanks
21st January 2018, 03:07 PM |#225  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt09

I am trying to follow the uninstall debloating commands from this post:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/fir...stick-t3674629
When using adblink3.5 and use the uninstall option with -k i get a failed message and log shows:

if i go to adbshell and run his command manually i get:

any ideas how to go about doing this? thanks

To run adb commands manually, use the Console button, not ADB Shell. Console opens a terminal on your PC, ADB Shell opens a terminal on your Android device. BTW, doesn't debloating require root?
21st January 2018, 03:33 PM |#226  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

To run adb commands manually, use the Console button, not ADB Shell. Console opens a terminal on your PC, ADB Shell opens a terminal on your Android device. BTW, doesn't debloating require root?

his post states:
This is as good as it is going to get in terms of getting better performance for us 2nd Gen Fire TV Stick Users out there... until we get root (hopefully)! so doesnt look like this requires root

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote:

when running from console i get this:
C:\adbLink>adb uninstall -k --user 0 com.amazon.android.marketplace
Failure [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote:

looks its because i have 5.2.6.1
it is not possible to root the stick and to uninstall/disable/hide system apps with 5.2.6.1
28th January 2018, 08:39 PM |#227  

More
Hi, I was using adblink to simply install a few APK files, I was using a newer fire TV and at connecting it says unauthorized and won't go any further?
Any ideas?
S.
28th January 2018, 08:47 PM |#228  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absterok

Hi, I was using adblink to simply install a few APK files, I was using a newer fire TV and at connecting it says unauthorized and won't go any further?
Any ideas?
S.

http://www.jocala.com/usbauth.html

Unfortunately, AFTV users now have to authorize adb connections, Android TV users have had to all along. Unneeded PITA, IMHO, but there it is. See the link above for details. If after authorizing you still get the message simply press the Refresh ADB button.
28th January 2018, 11:43 PM |#229  

More
Does this mean the authorize message should have been on the TV screen to allow... Thanks
29th January 2018, 12:40 AM |#230  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absterok

Does this mean the authorize message should have been on the TV screen to allow... Thanks

Yes, the authorize message is displayed on whatever device your Fire TV is attached to.
16th February 2018, 02:17 AM |#231  

More
hi, is it possible to backup everything on the firestick? so i can lets say clone it to other firesticks? and not have to add the accounts or do the long process of register or turning on ADB debugging??? tyvm for the help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)