adbLink v4.1

3,106 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,405

By jocala, Senior Member on 31st May 2016, 07:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th May 2019, 02:06 AM |#351  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
By now it's coming along rather nicely here 👍 I learned that even "shell su" requires an (insecure) adbd on the phone so that adb switches to root when starting on the computer OS for seamless access to /system/... and /data/data/...

After installing Chainfire's adbd insecure (unfortunately discontinued and outdated) on my phone, adb via your trolCommander is working pretty nicely and swiftly. The old app is using an old adbd binary from Android 5.0 (sdk 21) - my ROM is 7.1.1 (sdk 25), oh well.. (no success yet in creating a root capable adbd from my current ROM's boot.img YET .. )

28th May 2019, 09:46 AM |#352  

More
Thumbs up
[QUOTE=jocala;79576391]https://youtu.be/QgFThUyMe3U

The video above was done using a Lenovo device rooted with Magisk and TWRP.[/QUOTE @jocala , can you please do a small little favor: copy your Lenovo's /sbin/adbd over to your computer, zip it up and attach it here? That would be really awesome
28th May 2019, 06:19 PM |#353  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,405

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=RootedLee;79616022]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

can you please do a small little favor: copy your Lenovo's /sbin/adbd over to your computer, zip it up and attach it here? That would be really awesome

This is 64bit ARM.
Attached Files
File Type: zip adbd.zip - [Click for QR Code] (311.3 KB, 2 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jocala Ad-Free
28th May 2019, 07:44 PM |#354  

More
[QUOTE=jocala;79618959]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RootedLee

This is 64bit ARM.

thank you jocala. Oh darn, 64bit ARM - it speaks for you that you thought about the arch, which I didn't.. because indeed even this little daemon is NOT 32bit, so it is *not* being executed by my ARM32 CPU & sys..

I guess I should really start to let this go and be satisfied that adb root is more-or-less working via Chainfire's 5 yr old adbd insecure. Still bugs me that he left w/o any documentation. Another brilliant piece of software down the graveyard..

Again, thanks for all your help, buddy!!
The Following User Says Thank You to RootedLee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RootedLee Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)