3,023 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,357

By jocala, Senior Member on 31st May 2016, 07:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2016, 12:29 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

I am trying to connect to multiple devices, can you tell me how I can do this please?
So far I have only managed to connect to one device at a time

If anyone knows how to do this, please advise me on what the process is

Thank you

1st December 2016, 03:09 PM |#82  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onsoku

I can't load a splash screen. It tells me "Media folder not found". But it's there...\adbLink\splash. How can I fix it?

adbLink is not finding your Kodi media folder. Have you run Kodi for the first time?
1st December 2016, 03:16 PM |#83  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisetrading

Hi,

I am trying to connect to multiple devices, can you tell me how I can do this please?
So far I have only managed to connect to one device at a time

If anyone knows how to do this, please advise me on what the process is

Thank you

Select your device via the current device drop-down menu, then press connect. In testing, I've had as many as 10 devices connected.
2nd December 2016, 08:45 AM |#84  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

Select your device via the current device drop-down menu, then press connect. In testing, I've had as many as 10 devices connected.

jocala, thank you for your quick reply.

I was using version 2.06 and it did not work, each time I entered a new profile and clicked save, it was not in the dropdown list of devices, however I also installed version 2.05 to try and this worked straight away (so maybe a bug in version 2.06 ?)

While connected to multiple devices, is it possible to Install APK and/or Restore simultaneously on more than one device?
2nd December 2016, 05:41 PM |#85  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

jocala, thank you for your quick reply.

I was using version 2.06 and it did not work, each time I entered a new profile and clicked save, it was not in the dropdown list of devices, however I also installed version 2.05 to try and this worked straight away (so maybe a bug in version 2.06 ?)

Deleting the adblink.db file, then restarting 2.06 fixes this issue. It's since been fixed, re-downloading 2.06 should also work.

Quote:

While connected to multiple devices, is it possible to Install APK and/or Restore simultaneously on more than one device?

Yes. However, you won't see any overall speed increase; your bandwidth is just divided differently.
6th December 2016, 09:17 AM |#86  

More
Quote:

Yes. However, you won't see any overall speed increase; your bandwidth is just divided differently.

Okay so I can connect to multiple devices and it shows them in the list of devices connected however, if I want to install/restore simultaneously, how do I do this? because when I click Install APK/Restore this is done for the Current Device selected only, right?
6th December 2016, 09:19 PM |#87  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Okay so I can connect to multiple devices and it shows them in the list of devices connected however, if I want to install/restore simultaneously, how do I do this? because when I click Install APK/Restore this is done for the Current Device selected only, right?

There are two ways to run parallel adb processes (both are unsupported, adbLink wasn't designed with this in mind).

1. Install multiple copies of adbLink, each in a different directory. Each will run independently.

2. With a single copy of adbLink installed, start an adb process, then switch to a different connected device to start another process. However, the activity indicator is unaware of parallel ops and will only reflect activity for the last operation started.

Unfortunately, if you choose option #2 , a bug in 2.06 (fixed in upcoming 2.07) prevents parallel adb processes. You can drop back to 2.05 or wait for 2.07 if you want to try this.
7th December 2016, 08:56 PM |#88  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 253

More
I'm currently running an AFTV2 +SPMC (installed on SD card) Noticed there is a new version out of SPMC and would like to do a new clean install, this time putting all SPMC (Kodi) files on external thumbdrive. Can anyone post a link or offer the howto on how to accomplish this? Regards.
8th December 2016, 01:30 AM |#89  

More
Mi Box
Curious, does adbLink work with the Xiaomi Mi Box Android TV? I do currently use adbLink on a Shield TV and it works extremely well.
8th December 2016, 01:45 AM |#90  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irokutwo

Curious, does adbLink work with the Xiaomi Mi Box Android TV? I do currently use adbLink on a Shield TV and it works extremely well.

I haven't tested this box, but there's no reason it shouldn't work.
8th December 2016, 02:13 AM |#91  

More
Quote:

I haven't tested this box, but there's no reason it shouldn't work.

The reason I asked is because I do not see Network Debugging as a choice in Developer Options on the Mi Box.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)