FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

AirDroid on AFTV Stick?

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By SomeGuy2008, Member on 3rd September 2017, 05:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is anyone able to get sideload AirDroid onto there Amazon FireTV Stick (non-rooted)? I always get DEXOPT error or something like that during the actual install process. From what little reading I did it looks like its due to android SDK version apk was made with and version SDK that is installed on fire stick or something.

Thanks,

~SG

4th September 2017, 04:48 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy2008

Is anyone able to get sideload AirDroid onto there Amazon FireTV Stick (non-rooted)? I always get DEXOPT error or something like that during the actual install process. From what little reading I did it looks like its due to android SDK version apk was made with and version SDK that is installed on fire stick or something.

Thanks,

~SG

Have you tried pushing it to the sdcard and just installing it manually?
Side note-what are you trying to do? Push notifications and texts to the AFTV?
4th September 2017, 05:50 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I mainly use it to view and control the screen of many of my android based devices as well as the camera in most of my android devices over the internet. Yes i have tried manually installing via adb command but always get the same error.
4th September 2017, 07:01 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy2008

I mainly use it to view and control the screen of many of my android based devices as well as the camera in most of my android devices over the internet. Yes i have tried manually installing via adb command but always get the same error.

I just got it working... by downloading and sideloading the latest version in rev 3 (3.2.6) from here: airdroid(DOT)en(DOT)uptodown(DOT)com/android/old.
Out of the box, it works fine for transferring files through wifi (which can also be done with ES File Explroer easily). It also works as a keyboard input and screen mirror when USB connected to PC.
HOWEVER, there are several options for AirDriod that can only be enabled through the Firestick interface, and, at least for me, cannot actually be accessed (like it wants touchscreen input typically found on phones).
Overall, I'm missing the benefit of having it running in it's current state. ES File Explorer does file transfer fine. I can't really see the application of screen mirror and keyboard control when it must be plugged in to my pc. It's pretty useless in t's current form, imho.

Update: Also, since it's an outdated version, it will not work over the web portal.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)