FORUMS

[APK Request] All4, ITVHub, My5, RTÉ Player, 3Player, and TG4

144 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By runswithascript, Senior Member on 18th May 2016, 09:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Could someone please extract the following apps so the community can try to use them on Android TV? Other apps have been extracted and work.

All4, ITVHub, My5, RTÉ Player, 3Player, and TG4.

Depending on your location, UK or Ireland, you may or may not be able to extract all of these due to geo-blocking, but any with which you can help would be greatly appreciated.

Instructions on how to extract the APKs can be found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...93&postcount=3

and/or at the following link, skipping the final step 8:

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-trans...fire-tv-stick/
21st May 2016, 12:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusf

Could someone please extract the following apps so the community can try to use them on Android TV? Other apps have been extracted and work.

All4, ITVHub, My5, RTÉ Player, 3Player, and TG4.

Depending on your location, UK or Ireland, you may or may not be able to extract all of these due to geo-blocking, but any with which you can help would be greatly appreciated.

Instructions on how to extract the APKs can be found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...93&postcount=3

and/or at the following link, skipping the final step 8:

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-trans...fire-tv-stick/

i searched for these but couldn't find any, perhaps like you said it's location-based and I'm in the USA.
The Following User Says Thank You to d3adpool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d3adpool Ad-Free
21st May 2016, 01:49 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adpool

i searched for these but couldn't find any, perhaps like you said it's location-based and I'm in the USA.

Thank you very much for your efforts all the same

The first three definitely exist, they are the UK apps, the last three, the Irish apps, I am unsure of.
22nd May 2016, 02:28 AM |#5  

More
Quote:

Thank you very much for your efforts all the same

The first three definitely exist, they are the UK apps, the last three, the Irish apps, I am unsure of.

Ok I did with a little effort manage to download and extract 3 of them from my firetv. 2 of them are attached and there's a link for the My 5 below.

https://mega.nz/#!8IxWEBjC!c88wn4dSo...b56QXzuzvr1n_I
Attached Files
File Type: apk All 4_5.1.3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.19 MB, 2332 views)
File Type: apk ITV Hub_1.23.apk - [Click for QR Code] (18.35 MB, 1540 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to d3adpool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d3adpool Ad-Free
22nd May 2016, 07:08 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin

More
Quote:

Ok I did with a little effort manage to download and extract 3 of them from my firetv. 2 of them are attached and there's a link for the My 5 below.

https://mega.nz/#!8IxWEBjC!c88wn4dSo...b56QXzuzvr1n_I

Great, good job, thanks!!
I will try them this morning on Android TV and update this thread!
22nd May 2016, 04:15 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

Great, good job, thanks!!
I will try them this morning on Android TV and update this thread!

Cool I hope it works out for you
23rd May 2016, 01:57 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin

More
Quote:

Cool I hope it works out for you

Okay, so these install fine, but when they launch they give an error about no Amazon App Store found. I first mistakenly downloaded a version of Amazon Underground from Aptpoide, which also crashed after running, but on googling I found an official Amazon link which does work.

After logging into Amazon Underground, the apps no longer gave that error, but instead a new one about not having 'bought' these apps. I then tried to 'buy' them using the Amazon Underground app but they do not appear for me because I am in the Republic of Ireland.

I am sure I can get around this with some VPN trickery, just doing some when on our living room, mounting new TV etc, so have not gotten to it just yet.

In case you are wondering why I did not just set up a VPN in the first place and try to 'buy' the apps with an Android device, that is because I do not think this will give me a version compatible with a remote control, whereas we know the versions you have uploaded is.

I will update thread when I've set up VPN and tried all of this.

Has anyone else had any success?
23rd May 2016, 06:48 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

Okay, so these install fine, but when they launch they give an error about no Amazon App Store found. I first mistakenly downloaded a version of Amazon Underground from Aptpoide, which also crashed after running, but on googling I found an official Amazon link which does work.

After logging into Amazon Underground, the apps no longer gave that error, but instead a new one about not having 'bought' these apps. I then tried to 'buy' them using the Amazon Underground app but they do not appear for me because I am in the Republic of Ireland.

I am sure I can get around this with some VPN trickery, just doing some when on our living room, mounting new TV etc, so have not gotten to it just yet.

In case you are wondering why I did not just set up a VPN in the first place and try to 'buy' the apps with an Android device, that is because I do not think this will give me a version compatible with a remote control, whereas we know the versions you have uploaded is.

I will update thread when I've set up VPN and tried all of this.

Has anyone else had any success?

I figured exactly what you mentioned, it's a shame that we have to sometimes jump thru all these hoops to get things working....keep us updated
24th May 2016, 07:30 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ-KwiK

I can try to patch out the Amazon dependencies. It's worked for a few apps that I've dumped from my fire tv to use with my shield.

No promises, but I'll give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using XDA Premium HD app

That would be great too, thanks.
I will still try it from my end.
By the way, which apps have you extracted for your shield already, and is there a centralised place anyone is collating fire extracted apks?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3player, all4, itvhub, my5, rté player

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)