Originally Posted by Too Fresh
Problem is it says you do not own this app when trying to run.
Can anyone patch this?
1) Install the phone/tablet Amazon Appstore app on TV/settop box.
2) Open app & sign in with your Amazon credentials
3) With your computer, or desktop mode on phone/tablet browser, visit this site: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Inc-TV/dp/B07XDD7GYT/
4) Hit "Get App" icon, signing in if needed. Even though it says it is not compatible with any devices, it will still allow the 'purchase.' Let it continue, and you should see a confirmation text towards the top of the page that you now own the app.
5) Return to TV/settop box & run the app again.
Now I haven't used this update yet, but there may yet still be problems actually logging in with Apple ID.
ADDENDUM: This version checks build.prop so it likely won't work in anything but a compatible Fire TV model. This won't be an easy fix, and such a fix may require root.
Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk