FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][NO ROOT] Amazon Prime Video on blocked country

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I own a Fire TV (2017 square dongle version), which I use in a country not officially supported (Portugal). When playing content from Amazon Prime Video, it returns the known error 5505.

I downloaded the official Prime Video app for Android TV and, for my surprise, it installed and works perfectly. All navigation in the app works perfectly by the remote.

Download:

Original Apk (unmodified):
Does not appear in "My Apps" or "Recent" lists on home screen, only in the apps menu (holding the home button).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1048...X8rVDubmZ/view

Modded Apk:
It's the same app, but modified to appear in "My Apps" list on the home screen. It does not appear in the recent list, though.
https://mega.nz/#!3RcXHZoQ!g2bXsLvMX...qP67uTJjZlF_qY
The Following User Says Thank You to nickrs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nickrs Ad-Free

10th March 2018, 11:08 PM |#2  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrs

Original Apk (unmodified)

This one is official Amazon Prime-Video-App for Sony-Android-TVs. But I would rather advise you to use the NVIDIA Shield version, because the buttons on this one are better suited to the Fire TV Remote, because they don't need the red, blue, yellow and green buttons, as with the Sony App.

Quote:

Modded Apk

This is not the same app, it has some display errors on Fire TV in the menu above and needs a yellow and blue button on the remote control. I don't know which version it is...
11th March 2018, 06:08 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman74

This one is official Amazon Prime-Video-App for Sony-Android-TVs. But I would rather advise you to use the NVIDIA Shield version, because the buttons on this one are better suited to the Fire TV Remote, because they don't need the red, blue, yellow and green buttons, as with the Sony App.

Thanks for the info. This APK was made available on Reddit, stating that it was the official Android TV app. Good to know that it really is official, but for Sony TV.

Do you have the Nvidia Shield apk? I searched and could not find it. Thank you in advance.
11th March 2018, 11:25 PM |#4  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrs

Thanks for the info. This APK was made available on Reddit, stating that it was the official Android TV app. Good to know that it really is official, but for Sony TV.

Do you have the Nvidia Shield apk? I searched and could not find it. Thank you in advance.

PN
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)