FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Background working :)

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By schybiorz, Member on 13th February 2015, 06:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Things can be just so easy.

after trying a while with framework-res.apk i got rid of the usual black background in launcher by just setting
<bool name="config_enableWallpaperService">false</bool> to true in res\values\bools.xml

compiled it back and updated it via cwmrecovery zip installation
Also livewallpaper are working.

UPDATE: Thanx to @superkoal
Xposed Module

but u still need the files from next link to get them working:
Files in Post 3 klick

"Here are the files ex framework-res
http://ul.to/oqs87yb6 "

just installed live wallpaper picker and a few from original 4.2.2 rom.

now i only want to find a settings.apk, that is working completely.

one is only apps column working, and other apk. only the others, don't know how.

If you want to buy me a beer

paypal [email protected] (EUR)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot.jpg
Views:	1648
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	3163981  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to schybiorz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schybiorz Ad-Free
14th February 2015, 04:03 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schybiorz

Things can be just so easy.

after trying a while with framework-res.apk i got rid of the usual black background in launcher by just setting
<bool name="config_enableWallpaperService">false</bool> to true in res\values\bools.xml

compiled it back and updated it via cwmrecovery zip installation
Also livewallpaper ae working...
just installed live wallpaper picker and a few from original 4.2.2 rom.

now i only want to find a settings.apk, that is working completely.

one is only apps column working, and other apk. only the others, don't know how.

Sweet! Can you post your compiled file in a CWM installable zip?
The Following User Says Thank You to xm41907 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xm41907 Ad-Free
14th February 2015, 08:02 AM |#3  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xm41907

Sweet! Can you post your compiled file in a CWM installable zip?

http://uploaded.net/file/8awolkyk

just install via cwm. for sure do a backup before.
i'm not responsible if something went wrong, with this installation.
ALSO Do A BACKUP of your original Framework-res.apk!!!
Also don't forget to install Gallery.apk or livewallpaperpicker, else it is not possible to select any wallpaper.

so after a factory reset i wanted to try it again.
sems that i might have installed some other parts from another rom, like systemui.apk-

Here are the files ex framework-res
http://ul.to/oqs87yb6

after this, u might see the green background. Just start your favourite launcher and set any wallpaper u like.
Have fun
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schybiorz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schybiorz Ad-Free
14th February 2015, 03:20 PM |#4  

More
Quote:

http://uploaded.net/file/8awolkyk

just install via cwm. for sure do a backup before.
i'm not responsible if something went wrong, with this installation.
ALSO Do A BACKUP of your original Framework-res.apk!!!
Also don't forget to install Gallery.apk or livewallpaperpicker, else it is not possible to select any wallpaper.

so after a factory reset i wanted to try it again.
sems that i might have installed some other parts from another rom, like systemui.apk-

Here are the files ex framework-res
http://ul.to/oqs87yb6

after this, u might see the green background. Just start your favourite launcher and set any wallpaper u like.
Have fun

What is the difference between the two downloads? I downloaded the first one, but have to wait an hour before I can download the second one. Should I install the second one and not the first?
14th February 2015, 05:22 PM |#5  

More
I'm having trouble installing this with CWM. I have my system and data mounted to an external drive and CWM doesn't access it. It keeps saying folder not found, then it reverts to what I assume is the original internal data folder on the FTV itself. I'm not sure how to access this internal folder now using a file explorer. Any thoughts that don't involve messing with unmounting my external drive?

**Edit** I manual replaced the framework-res.apk using root explorer, then realized I needed to install your second files as well and now it works prefectly! No more black background for me. I've got a spinning galaxy and stars!

Thanks for the work on this!
15th February 2015, 12:25 AM |#6  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
That are good news,
thanks for reply....

now i also got rid, of some amazon apps. now have around 127mb /system free storage.
removed ftvlauncher, whisperplay,gamecircle,demomode and a few other things with titanium backup.

also stock launcher switcher worked now when press homebutton. Can someone pm me a few aosp 4.2.2 stock files from settings app and from tablet? i get crashes in settings.apk maybe i have to install a few more stock apks, that don't come with aftv in stock.

btw. Tabletui is working with adb shell am display-density 240
settings.apk is in splitscreen (crashes in different accesses). played around with some themed xposed modules and lolipop theme.
will try the next weeks, till i got my setup finished ^-^
15th February 2015, 01:06 AM |#7  

More
Quote:

That are good news,
thanks for reply....

now i also got rid, of some amazon apps. now have around 127mb /system free storage.
removed ftvlauncher, whisperplay,gamecircle,demomode and a few other things with titanium backup.

also stock launcher switcher worked now when press homebutton. Can someone pm me a few aosp 4.2.2 stock files from settings app and from tablet? i get crashes in settings.apk maybe i have to install a few more stock apks, that don't come with aftv in stock.

settings.apk is in splitscreen (crashes in different accesses). played around with some themed xposed modules and lolipop theme.

That is cool that you're testing the limits. Tonight I plan to make a video about my setup. I've used a lot of the various mods/tweaks available for the ATV and have a kick ass setup.
17th February 2015, 12:41 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Manually?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xm41907

I'm having trouble installing this with CWM. I have my system and data mounted to an external drive and CWM doesn't access it. It keeps saying folder not found, then it reverts to what I assume is the original internal data folder on the FTV itself. I'm not sure how to access this internal folder now using a file explorer. Any thoughts that don't involve messing with unmounting my external drive?

**Edit** I manual replaced the framework-res.apk using root explorer, then realized I needed to install your second files as well and now it works prefectly! No more black background for me. I've got a spinning galaxy and stars!

Thanks for the work on this!

so just push the framework-res.apk to sdcard and replace it w/ the one in the system folder? because I did the install via cwm to no avail and I installed the 3 apks in the background.zip manually
17th February 2015, 06:08 PM |#9  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
be sure mount /system in cwm manual. should work, or replace it manually via fileexplorer and to be sure
chmod 644 /system/framework/framework-res.apk

and don't forget to have a backup via cwm to be safe...
24th February 2015, 08:44 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

That are good news,
thanks for reply....

I am curious what Amazon apps you've removed and what other mods you've done. Can you update what you've been up to with the FTV?
24th February 2015, 08:50 PM |#11  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
I only made a backup of all amazon apps, i might to remove, with titanium backup before i uninstalled them.

f.eg. amazon app store, circle, movie, mp3, photo (installed gallery2.apk from a 10.1 cm stock rom) installed clock.apk from rom to exchange amazon screensaver and replaced it with a clock. but i messed to much around, so i had to go back to my backup i generated with cw recovery

also deodexed apps and framework files to get a little more space on sys. also deleted files under vendor/amazon (here are the overlay-files stored.

sadly i'm out of time for this week to extend my tsteing in getting a full settings.apk working wich i had before i messed up while replacing all system apks from a cm 4.2.2 rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)