Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[Q] BT Sports App APK for Fire TV

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By waggy_tail, Junior Member on 13th November 2014, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, newbie here,

Does anyone know if there is a BT Sports app APK that could be side loaded onto Fire TV?
I have xbmc and have access to BT Sports but I've got access to an BT Sports account login and I'd like to run it separately from Xbmc.

My Fire TV isn't rooted. I've seen what looks like an APK on a dodgy Zip file site that asks for bank details to open it but I'd rather see if there was a free version about.

I'd be interested to here if anyone has managed to configure this set up on their FIre Tv.

Cheere

16th November 2014, 09:13 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggy_tail

Hi, newbie here,

Does anyone know if there is a BT Sports app APK that could be side loaded onto Fire TV?
I have xbmc and have access to BT Sports but I've got access to an BT Sports account login and I'd like to run it separately from Xbmc.

My Fire TV isn't rooted. I've seen what looks like an APK on a dodgy Zip file site that asks for bank details to open it but I'd rather see if there was a free version about.

I'd be interested to here if anyone has managed to configure this set up on their FIre Tv.

Cheere

Yes it can be sideloaded, you will need a mouse to navigate through. I used a wireless keyboard/airmouse thingy

APK attached.
Attached Files
File Type: apk btsport.apk - [Click for QR Code] (13.43 MB, 9608 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Pully For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pully Ad-Free
18th November 2014, 10:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
May i know what is sideload?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
19th November 2014, 04:53 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 460

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by desztan

May i know what is sideload?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-sidel...-a-windows-pc/

Quote:

Sideloading allows you to install apps to your Fire TV that are not available in the Amazon Appstore. There are numerous apps in the Google Play store that may work on the Fire TV that have not been officially ported over. You can download these apps using online APK downloaders. There are also apps like XBMC, which we will be using in this guide, which are not available on any appstore and can only be installed by sideloading.

But use one of the two apps AFTV Utility or ADBFire to do it much easier then manually...
The Following User Says Thank You to Y314K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Y314K Ad-Free
7th February 2016, 05:02 PM |#5  

More
BT Sport App for Kindle Fire Stick
Hi, Could someone post the current version of the BT Sport Apk (2.11.0) so I can sideload to a Kindle Stick?

I have sideloaded an older version (link on this site) but this no longer works as the App requires an update. BT Sport App forces you to do an upgrade and stops any previous versions working. I assume there is no way to upgrade the app directly from the Fire Stick?

My google play account wont let me download the current BT Sport App version as says I have no devices connected (I have no access to Andriod phone or tablet). I've used APK Pure and APK-dl to download the current BT Sport App from Google play but abdfire fails to sideload (I get an "install failed" error msg). If I try to reload the old version of BT sport this sideloads fine so I know abdfire is working.

I have a Windows 7 PC.

Any help would be appreciated to either get the downloaded file sideloaded or a new link to the file (outside of Google Play) which I can download and try to sideload.

Thanks
7th February 2016, 08:43 PM |#6  
Flag lost somewhere.... Help
Thanks Meter: 315

More
If you want I have made a thread about working apps & accessories on the AFTV2 , look here -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/fire...ories-t3269267
12th September 2016, 07:21 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Lots of apps for tv box and Fire TV on this site www.apk4.tv
27th September 2016, 04:27 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 433

More
I have bT sport app side loaded and working,it doesn't play nice with fire tv remote,so you have to install Cetus remote and Cetus for tv on your phone and use mouse mode to navigate,but the app works really well,flawless streams in HD

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app
26th January 2017, 10:43 PM |#9  

More
Since the latest update the bt sport app sideloaded on the fire stick now just comes up the message it can't start as it doesn't have access to Google play services. Any one else having this issue?
1st February 2017, 08:07 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampy12

Since the latest update the bt sport app sideloaded on the fire stick now just comes up the message it can't start as it doesn't have access to Google play services. Any one else having this issue?

Same here, can't get anywhere so removed it, will be back to casting from tablet now.
13th February 2017, 09:17 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
It can be made to work again. Follow the steps here:

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-insta...-without-root/

(You dont need to do the last step for Google Music, unless you really want it).

BT Sport app will then moan about the version of play services being too old, so download and sideload the latest compatible version of play services (For Android 5, arm64, nodpi). As of writing, it would be this:

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...-apk-download/

(I actualy think I installed 10.2.91 and not 10.2.98 above but I dont think it will matter)

After installing that, and rebooting box, BT sport would no longer complain but just go to a black screen. Gave up and assumed it wouldnt be made to work... but hey presto worked a treat a few days later when I checked again. Happily watched a game over the weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to alchemyst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alchemyst Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)