FORUMS

View Poll Results: Should I remove Genesis? If so what should I add?

Yes

6 Vote(s)
30.00%
No

14 Vote(s)
70.00%

My custom Kodi build optimized for Fire TV / Stick

66 posts
Thanks Meter: 65

By monkey1230, Member on 16th December 2015, 06:17 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Mod Edit: Content removed.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to monkey1230 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift monkey1230 Ad-Free
17th December 2015, 07:35 AM |#2  
Flag Mermaid Beach QLD
Thanks Meter: 322

More
All good..

I am not here to judge but you have done the right thing and put in the disclaimer..

It's up to the individuals to work out what they want within thier setups and I take my hat off to the development guys..

I had 5 years working in China and so many of the HuB addons I have used over the years myself.. As it was almost the only way I could get good English TV on demand..

But you know the politics of it all and KODI as a organization has to distant itself from any involvement of p2p streams that maybe carry copyrighted materials..

The last thing they need and they have been down that track is court cases that send them as developers into the litigation pit..

On that note..I am on KODI 16 beta 3 and seems to be running fine..
And loaded it up..
Looks good..
Am looking at using Mikey's karaoke for coming Xmas party on Sunday ..
Got a house load of Philos turning up..and if you know anything about the Philippines..
They do love to sing..god help the neighborhood....
The Following User Says Thank You to dgcruzing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dgcruzing Ad-Free
23rd December 2015, 03:05 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Fort Worth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y314K

This is the best easy setup I've tried to date. Used to mostly stick with the TVAddOns setup. But this is 10 times better. Hope it's continued to be kept up to date.

I am actually running it on both 15.2 & 16 Beta 4. It is great on both. There are just a couple of add-ons that are not compatible or don't have a working update. But nothing major.

I do see it starting IPTVXtra at startup each time. I believe this is used for UK channels list or something more broad then that ? (Just trying to understand it)

Has anybody run it on a FireTV Stick. I wonder if the volume of options slows it down or makes it crash more often then on the FTV 1st Gen (Has not crashed on any of my 1st Gen FTV's). Maybe some stuff can be made more optional then all in one. Maybe the international part can be split into 3 optional install zip's. But it seems to be pretty awesome as is. Plan to test this setup on a couple FTVS's probably tomorrow.

Thanks again for posting this. Please keep sharing & letting us know of updates for this great setup.

Yes iptvextra is for the international section mainly for the Asian section, and for the addons that currently dont work will get fixed in the next update took some time off for the holidays. This build was made specifically for the firesticks I currently have 4 running and a AFTV 2 no issues as long as you clear the cache and the packages about every week and the thumbnails about every couple of weeks( to save on space). As for the splitting up, thats in the works for future builds, just follow my facebook page for updates.
Thank you for the input.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkey1230 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift monkey1230 Ad-Free
23rd December 2015, 03:48 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 487

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey1230

Yes iptvextra is for the international section mainly for the Asian section, and for the addons that currently dont work will get fixed in the next update took some time off for the holidays. This build was made specifically for the firesticks I currently have 4 running and a AFTV 2 no issues as long as you clear the cache and the packages about every week and the thumbnails about every couple of weeks( to save on space). As for the splitting up, thats in the works for future builds, just follow my facebook page for updates.
Thank you for the input.

Great, Should not be a problem on the FTVS's... Glad that's the case. I plan on switching from my Rooted 1st Gen FTV's to FTVS's. And just upgrade to either 2nd Gen FTVS's or 3rd Gen FTV's next year. So this is the perfect Kodi setup for FTVS's.

Keeping Kodi clean should not be a problem for me since I like to clean the cache each time I close or open Kodi. And the packages maybe every other day. I do need to do the thumbnails wipe more often. You have it perfectly setup. It's so easy to get things done.

Got a ? - I see that the (*Start) Favorites menu is pre-filled with shortcuts... After watching an updates video on how to fix Genesis on YouTube I saw that this setup probably uses shortcuts within the Favorites (*Star) menu for the shortcuts in the SubMenu Set's. Am I correct on this ?

I guess I can just add my own Favorite either to the top or bottom of the list for easy access if needed. I mostly temporarily save to Favorites specific links for current sports games when I'm interested on switching between them. Also if I find a movie or show on an add-on that uses the overall Favorites as their Favorites list so I don't have to search for hard to find content again. Maybe you have a better way to deal with these cases. Or I missed something.

Bottom line I wanted to confirm if removing any of the links already in (*Star) Favorites will cause some of the SubMenu links shortcuts to stop working. ??

PM me if you think I am getting to much into the weeds in this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Y314K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Y314K Ad-Free
23rd December 2015, 04:27 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Fort Worth

More
Quote:

Great, Should not be a problem on the FTVS's... Glad that's the case. I plan on switching from my Rooted 1st Gen FTV's to FTVS's. And just upgrade to either 2nd Gen FTVS's or 3rd Gen FTV's next year. So this is the perfect Kodi setup for FTVS's.

Keeping Kodi clean should not be a problem for me since I like to clean the cache each time I close or open Kodi. And the packages maybe every other day. I do need to do the thumbnails wipe more often. You have it perfectly setup. It's so easy to get things done.

Got a ? - I see that the (*Start) Favorites menu is pre-filled with shortcuts... After watching an updates video on how to fix Genesis on YouTube I saw that this setup probably uses shortcuts within the Favorites (*Star) menu for the shortcuts in the SubMenu Set's. Am I correct on this ?

I guess I can just add my own Favorite either to the top or bottom of the list for easy access if needed. I mostly temporarily save to Favorites specific links for current sports games when I'm interested on switching between them. Also if I find a movie or show on an add-on that uses the overall Favorites as their Favorites list so I don't have to search for hard to find content again. Maybe you have a better way to deal with these cases. Or I missed something.

Bottom line I wanted to confirm if removing any of the links already in (*Star) Favorites will cause some of the SubMenu links shortcuts to stop working. ??

PM me if you think I am getting to much into the weeds in this thread.

No bud your completely fine with all the questions the more the marry-er so everyone will know aswell, but no it will not harm the sub menu if you remove the favorites. your actually the first person to want this, so I just created a small wizard for this--- if you clear cache a couple times then goto fire wizard you will find a new one called "Clear my favorites so you can add your own" and it will clear them all, the process will take about 4 sec and a quick force stop and it will be clear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monkey1230 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift monkey1230 Ad-Free
23rd December 2015, 05:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 487

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey1230

No bud your completely fine with all the questions the more the marry-er so everyone will know aswell, but no it will not harm the sub menu if you remove the favorites. your actually the first person to want this, so I just created a small wizard for this--- if you clear cache a couple times then goto fire wizard you will find a new one called "Clear my favorites so you can add your own" and it will clear them all, the process will take about 4 sec and a quick force stop and it will be clear.

Worked like a charm. All cleared now. Although in the future I might keep some of those links. I am just testing things out on this build. I will do a final clean install after I test & learn more.

It did seem to loose somewhat access to the Add-on Shortcuts that are only used by one of the sections (X). Seems they where linked to Favorites shortcuts instead of directly to Video add-ons. The icons disappeared so you could not tell what you where choosing. Very easy fix. But might be something to change in the future on the over all build.

I went thru most of the Favorites links right now before clearing things. About 33-45% did not seem go be working right. But like you said. You will probably be updating them after the holidays.

Guess my next ? would be how minor & major updates will be done in the future. Would the "Clean Slate" option be needed & there for we would loose any shortcuts or other mods we have done on our end ?

Also wonder if there is a way to get specific Movies &/or Videos from Genesis to show up or be savable to Super Favorites since it lets you create folders. Unlike the internal Favorites option within Genesis. Have you ever been able to do that ?

Thanks for all the help & knowledge...
23rd December 2015, 06:31 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Fort Worth

More
Quote:

Worked like a charm. All cleared now. Although in the future I might keep some of those links. I am just testing things out on this build. I will do a final clean install after I test & learn more.

It did seem to loose somewhat access to the Add-on Shortcuts that are only used by one of the sections (X). Seems they where linked to Favorites shortcuts instead of directly to Video add-ons. The icons disappeared so you could not tell what you where choosing. Very easy fix. But might be something to change in the future on the over all build.

I went thru most of the Favorites links right now before clearing things. About 33-45% did not seem go be working right. But like you said. You will probably be updating them after the holidays.

Guess my next ? would be how minor & major updates will be done in the future. Would the "Clean Slate" option be needed & there for we would loose any shortcuts or other mods we have done on our end ?

Also wonder if there is a way to get specific Movies &/or Videos from Genesis to show up or be savable to Super Favorites since it lets you create folders. Unlike the internal Favorites option within Genesis. Have you ever been able to do that ?

Thanks for all the help & knowledge...

yes the links that are not working will be fixed after the holidays.

When the updates are done you just do the wizard again

yes the clean slate option will wipe kodi like new but leave my plugin

with genesis you cannot use super favorites to save them all the other addons you can though
The Following User Says Thank You to monkey1230 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift monkey1230 Ad-Free
24th December 2015, 03:02 PM |#8  
Flag Mermaid Beach QLD
Thanks Meter: 322

More
I will throw my 2cents on as loaded it up on to the FT stick I have here..
KODI 16 beta 3

I have got the thumbs and all artwork out to the NAS..
Saves all that space getting taken up on these low memory devices..

Seems to be working fine..
I just haven't had time to explore it further..but as a one stop shop.. Does the trick..

Once again..did notice a few idiots getting slammed in kodi forums for being blockheads and not separating the Kodi questions from... Undiscussed addons..
But they will learn..as we all have..

Maybe if people are interested they can learn about the substitution methods available to them for thumbs..works a treat once you have a good setup going..
The Following User Says Thank You to dgcruzing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dgcruzing Ad-Free
25th December 2015, 04:03 PM |#9  
Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 1,805

More
I can't get Kodi to force close after installing the zip. Am I missing something?

Edit - All set.
The Following User Says Thank You to spotmark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spotmark Ad-Free
26th December 2015, 06:09 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
will this work with a touchscreen
26th December 2015, 09:05 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Fort Worth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1milenia

will this work with a touchscreen

Yes it will , I have it on my phone and tablet
The Following User Says Thank You to monkey1230 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift monkey1230 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread