FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[question] Blocking all Amazon...

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By hkfuertes, Junior Member on 26th November 2019, 04:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys,
Im an app developer and recently for an app that Im building for my parish (for sunday services) I came up with this little device (firestick 2) and as it has android, I decide to port my Flutter / Web app to an androidTV native app. And so I did it, and the beta that I have is working... but I have a question.

I found DNS66 to block Ads.... but is there posible to block all Amazon requests so that I get empty rows (for recomendations, movies, shows, apps...) but at the same time, have internet for my app? I could achieve this if I dont connect the stick to the wifi at all, but then I dont have internet for my app, so that got me thinking... the "exception handling" so to speak for when there is no internet is an emtpy-feed launcher (wich is what I want).

I was planing to sniff the stick with wireshark and figure out the requests DNS names and block them with the DNS66, but maybe you guys already know them... or a method (non rooted) to achieve this. See, my goal is to get a reproducible method that I could write down in a guide, that my mom could follow if their church gets the stick, and I cannot expect her to crack-open the stick and solder...

Thank you for the help,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)