FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[XPOSED] [AFTV1] WallpaperEnabler - working Widgets & Wallpapers

1,023 posts
Thanks Meter: 721

By superkoal, Senior Member on 26th February 2015, 01:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi!

This is an xposed module that enables the wallpaper service on the amazon firetv1 (not compatible with AFTV2 atm).
It is based on the findings of @schybiorz, so many thanks to him!

You will also need to sideload following apk files from his thread's download:
com.android.systemui
com.android.wallpaper.apk
com.android.wallpaper.livepicker.apk (optional if you want some live wallpapers)

Link to the thread

I tested it with NovaLauncher and both images and live wallpapers work fine.
Also widgets work fine now!

(updated with systemui package also being mandatory)

Atm this is NOT compatible with FTV2 devices, as it would require different apk files.
I will update this if someone mods them accordingly.

Have fun!
Attached Files
File Type: apk WallpaperEnabler.apk - [Click for QR Code] (22.3 KB, 1064 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superkoal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift superkoal Ad-Free

26th February 2015, 02:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 553

More
Nice will try tomorrow. Anyway to use it on firedtv? I don't use nova on fire tv anymore.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
26th February 2015, 03:41 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Wonderful. I've been using live wallpaper on mine since he posted how to do it. It works great!
26th February 2015, 10:37 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vienna

More
I updated the OP as i forgot the systemui package has to be included. Thanks to schybiorz for the hint!
26th February 2015, 03:59 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkoal

I updated the OP as i forgot the systemui package has to be included. Thanks to schybiorz for the hint!

You should post a link to the background apks I was confused which link it was took me like 5 min to figure out lol.

You should still provide his link so if he gets any $$ from downloads he won't lose nothing.

It also does not work on my FireTV followed the instrcutions,sideloaded all 3 apks, tried 2 different launchers. I can select live wallpaper but it just won't load (regular wallpaper works fine) so something is wrong. Any idea what it is?
26th February 2015, 04:32 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
@patt2k

no problem, cause his xposed-module is only the tool, to edit framework-res on the fly (no need to install via cwm anymore ^-^

u still need the other files mentioned in my post.

Happy backgrounding to @LL ^-^
26th February 2015, 04:47 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schybiorz

@├╝att2k

no problem, cause his xposed-module is only the tool, to edit framework-res on the fly (no need to install via cwm anymore ^-^

u still need the other files mentioned in my post.

Happy backgrounding to @LL ^-^

I can't get live wallpapers to work at all without CWM. When I select it it does nothing but I was able to change regular wallpaper which is still great

any ideas on how to fix it?

@schybiorz @superkoal I can make a video if you guys want to see what I mean.
26th February 2015, 05:18 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
have u install live wallpaper picker and any live wallpapers (from a stock 4.2.2 rom)?

otherwise it won't work,cause android doasn't know that u have them on your system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patt2k

I can't get live wallpapers to work at all without CWM. When I select it it does nothing but I was able to change regular wallpaper which is still great

any ideas on how to fix it?

@schybiorz @superkoal I can make a video if you guys want to see what I mean.

26th February 2015, 05:21 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schybiorz

have u install live wallpaper picker and any live wallpapers (from a stock 4.2.2 rom)?

otherwise it won't work,cause android doasn't know that u have them on your system.

Yea i did from your uploaded link. So I can't use any live wallpaper I want ? Even the nexus wallpaper does not work.

It's weird I did install.. I even did twice to make sure it's installed. What else can I try ?

26th February 2015, 06:38 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vienna

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patt2k

Yea i did from your uploaded link. So I can't use any live wallpaper I want ? Even the nexus wallpaper does not work.

It's weird I did install.. I even did twice to make sure it's installed. What else can I try ?

You can try to make the wallpaper.apk a system app (move it from /data/app to /system/app and reboot).
Might be necessary, haven't tried without it.
26th February 2015, 07:35 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superkoal

You can try to make the wallpaper.apk a system app (move it from /data/app to /system/app and reboot).
Might be necessary, haven't tried without it.

Link2sd can do it so I will use it for that. You mean any live wallpaper I want to use make it system app right?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)