YouTube TV

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By sparker781, Member on 3rd January 2018, 12:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th April 2018, 01:37 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@rainman74 thank you for posting the apk file for YouTube tv it worked like a charm...question though how and where do we find updates for the APK..
29th April 2018, 09:48 AM |#42  
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I am also curious about the origin of this apk that does seem to work by pretending to be an LG television and seemingly came from nowhere. Maybe it was a gift from above. Although, a newer version that pretends to be a device that can get full resolution and 60fps would be nice. .
30th April 2018, 09:22 AM |#43  

More
Only 2 things missing in this APK...1080p and 60fps...
I agree it is nice to get YouTube tv up and running in fire TV.. it will be god send if someone got it running with 60fps and 1080 the current APK is locked at 480p and 30fps
14th May 2018, 05:43 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thank you rainman74!! That APK worked perfect! Nice to see that prior to the app launching you can change settings etc. I had to kill and restart the app a few times then it alerted me that I needed a package to view the video as all i was seeing was a loading screen. It downloaded the package for me then worked from there!
16th May 2018, 02:34 PM |#45  

More
@rainman74 's APK worked, after having to reboot and reload the application a few times.

Now, can someone recommend something like uBlock Origin that I can install? uBlock works great in Chrome to eliminate ads on YTTV, and I've not been successful with anything else. I've tried a Pi-Hole and other ad-blocking DNS stuff.
22nd May 2018, 02:37 PM |#46  

More
Help
For those of us who are not developers, can you give step by step instructions on how to add youtubetv to the firestick?
22nd May 2018, 03:04 PM |#47  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skmcmains

For those of us who are not developers, can you give step by step instructions on how to add youtubetv to the firestick?

I am *far* from being a developer. Here is what I did:

1. From settings, you have to allow installs from "untrusted sources".
2. Install, Downloader. Many people prefer ES Explorer.
3. In Downloader, download and install the APK by going to "h t t p : //bit.ly/2rXIvVO" (remove the spaces). I made a Bit.ly link from rainman74's link to make it easier to type into the FireTV.
4. Log in.

You may have to reboot and reload the application a few times. Try the different options to see what works best on your system. It may want to download some additional files (as described above).

5. Enjoy.
25th May 2018, 12:53 AM |#48  

More
Is that apk from @rainman74 still working? I'm able to side-load it, log into my YoutubeTV account, see and navigate the youtubeTV UI with recordings, home, live view etc, but as soon as I click on a video, it just hangs on "Loading..."

Any tweaks to get that working to play the vid's?

Thanks for your help,
-Th
29th May 2018, 02:52 AM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Strange why can i play the android tv Youtube App without problems on the fire tv 2?
6th June 2018, 07:59 PM |#50  

More
Just side loaded the apk from @rainman74 and took a little playing to get it to work. When the app first opens it shows the 720p for FireTv, that doesn't work. Selected the next one over that is 1080 for legacy. Then it said I was missing the xwalkcorelibrary which gives you the choice to download and it does and you can install it. Once that was done and I went to play a video it got stuck on the loading and then errored saying the video wasn't available. Then by chance when it was loading I clicked down and over all the way to the 3 dots and then clicked on the "HD" icon which showed me it was trying to play a 1080p video. From an earlier post, someone stated only 480p is available and I selected the 480p and the video started playing. So all is working as of now. Thank you @rainman74 for the apk.
7th June 2018, 12:24 AM |#51  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 295

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2i3pk

Just side loaded the apk from @rainman74 and took a little playing to get it to work. When the app first opens it shows the 720p for FireTv, that doesn't work. Selected the next one over that is 1080 for legacy. Then it said I was missing the xwalkcorelibrary which gives you the choice to download and it does and you can install it. Once that was done and I went to play a video it got stuck on the loading and then errored saying the video wasn't available. Then by chance when it was loading I clicked down and over all the way to the 3 dots and then clicked on the "HD" icon which showed me it was trying to play a 1080p video. From an earlier post, someone stated only 480p is available and I selected the 480p and the video started playing. So all is working as of now. Thank you @rainman74 for the apk.

---------- Post added at 00:24 ---------- Previous post was at 00:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellany

Strange why can i play the android tv Youtube App without problems on the fire tv 2?

Why wouldn't that be possible? Fire TV 2 is Android
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)