FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Alcatel Fire E (6015x) development

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By jecustoms, Member on 12th March 2015, 08:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everybody!

On our 4pda.ru forum we are struggling with this phone in two ways- rootin it and unlocking in order to update manually to 2.0 and even 2.2; and other way- working android (already have beta rom which is exact copy of rom from another alcatel 6014x which runs android and similar to our Fire E 6015x).

if there are any enthusiasts about android, i can translate the guide for you and share the needed files and programs. Almost everything works except sim-card(when there is no one- phone asks to insert it, when there is one- phone says its not registered) but we are working on it

i came over a https://www.soeren-hentzschel.at/moz...firefox-hello/ that states that in Germany some people already received 2.0 update on their Fire E. Here arises my question- are here people who own updated Fire E? I mean update to 2.0.

If there are ones, would you be so kind to make a copy of your rom for our little development? I can provide you with guides and software on how to do it.

I can post guides for making this an android phone.

17th March 2015, 03:42 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi my dear russian brother - greetings from Germany.
I do have an updated 6015x device to FFOS2.0 and I could dump the rom for U. Just gimme links to the needed info. My russian is not one of my strength, but I think I can manage it - I'm a bulgarian after all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Delio_MaN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Delio_MaN Ad-Free
19th March 2015, 06:56 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hej, i also have a 6015X (fire e) with firefox os 2.0 running
tell me how to make a rom which i can send to you
21st March 2015, 12:03 PM |#4  
Flag Prague

More
Phone root
After few months of waiting my phone get the forefoxos2.0 update
01008d yes it is fine but how to root it?
21st March 2015, 07:09 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybervitexud

After few months of waiting my phone get the forefoxos2.0 update
01008d yes it is fine but how to root it?

Look, please, do you have in System settings parameters of russian language on your FFOS 2.0.

HOWTO ROOT ALCATEL OT 6015X:

1. Download CWM recovery image made for 6014x.
https:// yadi.sk/d/BIdXndcbfR2Gm
2. Download Install-SuperSU.
download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
3. Turn your phone to bootloader mode anyway.
4. Run modrecovery:
Code:
fastboot boot my_recovery.img
5. In CWM menu follow "install zip" -> "install zip from sideload"
6. On pc:
Code:
adb sideload UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
7. reboot phone

I am sure lowlevel utilities from android's SuperSU are working fine on any FFOS (because FFOS based on Android now).

WBR
The Following User Says Thank You to Svinka For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Svinka Ad-Free
11th April 2015, 03:29 PM |#6  

More
Alcatel's stock ROM for the Fire E has been published at sourceforge.net in the Alcatel project.
12th April 2015, 10:01 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dermartinac

Alcatel's stock ROM for the Fire E has been published at sourceforge.net in the Alcatel project.

I wonder how do you use it though, can you build it on its own? The B2G by Mozilla still hasn't got an option for this device.
18th April 2015, 05:24 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svinka

Look, please, do you have in System settings parameters of russian language on your FFOS 2.0.

HOWTO ROOT ALCATEL OT 6015X:

1. Download CWM recovery image made for 6014x.
https:// yadi.sk/d/BIdXndcbfR2Gm
2. Download Install-SuperSU.
download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
3. Turn your phone to bootloader mode anyway.
4. Run modrecovery:

Code:
fastboot boot my_recovery.img
5. In CWM menu follow "install zip" -> "install zip from sideload"
6. On pc:
Code:
adb sideload UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
7. reboot phone

I am sure lowlevel utilities from android's SuperSU are working fine on any FFOS (because FFOS based on Android now).

WBR

I tried your recovery image but it doesn't seem to work. There is no error but after booting the image, the device isn't visible in fastboot or adb. For that reason, I'm unable to sideload the Su zip update.
22nd May 2015, 04:35 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sybiam

I tried your recovery image but it doesn't seem to work. There is no error but after booting the image, the device isn't visible in fastboot or adb. For that reason, I'm unable to sideload the Su zip update.

Flashing the recovery image works though, then sideloading the SU image works from clock work mode recovery.
24th May 2015, 03:53 PM |#10  

More
Ok, here's some news. I built a boot image that enables adb as root. All you need is to flash it on the boot partition and reboot the phone. I made a few changes to the boot image.

default.prop
Code:
ro.secure = 0
ro.debuggable = 1
To flash:
Code:
fastboot flash boot boot3.img

and replaced /sbin/adbd by an adbd built with "ALLOW_ADBD_ROOT". (I used the sources fetched using b2g repo).
Attached Files
File Type: img boot3.img - [Click for QR Code] (7.53 MB, 438 views)
20th June 2015, 04:27 PM |#11  

More
Cool thing..wish I am able

Sent from my SM-G7102 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)