I've been fiddling with gaia recently (big thanks goes to vampirefo for the clockwork recovery image and his 2.1 build!)
I decided to fix a few annoyances that I had with the mozilla build, cause the Open C is currently my main phone and I use it every day.
So I forked gaia and over the last few days have implemented the following things:
- Made stock icons more consistent, changed the layout a bit.
- Removed background from the search bar on the top of the screen (I think it is ugly).
- Applied the font fix to get Fira Sans back (more info: MDN link)
- Made the address bar appear when you start scrolling to the top - no more scrolling to the very top of the page to access it!
- Added "Duck Duck Go" to the search engines (you can change them in browser settings)
- Added Google suggestions to the browser address bar 'as-you-type'
I updated the build, technically its not 2.1 anymore, mozilla moved to 2.2
Here is a list of the changes I made to this build:
- Added a button to lock orientation to the swipe screen
- Changed layout of the swipe screen a bit
- Long tap on shift for capslock
- Added a button to close all applications in the task manager
- Other small updates to styling
(Also added French keyboard)
Udate: Mozilla added copy - paste for text fields! also available in this build (probably not stable yet)
Keyboards in this build
English, Spanish, German, French, Russian (cyrillic)
ZTE-Open-C-21(22)-modUI.zip on Google Drive [Fixed the link, sorry about that]
I also decided to ublish my branch on github: https://github.com/YemSalat/gaia-modui feel free to fork and contribute or port to other phones.
I am currently learning Gaia architecture as I'm making changes, so some of them are a bit 'hacky', but I try to follow the conventions and prefix my stuff (css/functions/etc.) with 'modui'
Make sure to backup your data!
Download zip and extract it to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/
Use .50 recovery to install by choosing restore
In recovery mode navigate to /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/ffos_21_modUI
(backup and restore > restore from /external_sd > ffos_21_modUI > yes restore)
Then let .50 recovery restore 2.1, reboot and enjoy
For more info on .50 recovery and zte open c go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=21
Let me know what you think!