hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington

Tech_Savvy

May 8, 2014
watertown
OnePlus 7T
I'll add it with the guide if anyone has the issue. I have the main G3 kdz/tot guide only see the miniOS sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya i know and ive always used and trusted ur guides bc always work untill that last time on my g3 and i was confused so i did some digging...and i was even more confused why some ppl would brick downgrading flex 2 and some wont....worth a shot i guess!!! thanks for u worked and effort here on xda

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
ya i know and ive always used and trusted ur guides bc always work untill that last time on my g3 and i was confused so i did some digging...and i was even more confused why some ppl would brick downgrading flex 2 and some wont....worth a shot i guess!!! thanks for u worked and effort here on xda

Your welcome :) thanks for the tip. I'll add it to the guide info when I get time this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bow.mcconnell

May 22, 2015
MiniOS boot loop screen

I know that you posted the new dll to flash but I can't find the LS996.dll to flash with the zv5 tot. Is there anyone who can help me? I'm stuck with the miniOS loop and I can't figure out how to get it off my phone.

golinale

Jan 2, 2011
Can anybody help with LS996ZV6.TOT file? Where could I find it? Download link will be great!

Sunnyartwani

Aug 5, 2014
Hi I just flashed zv5 tot over official zv7 & my phone is not even turning on , seems like a dummy phone , can I do anything to get it back to life please , please help please :(

Last edited:

Sunnyartwani

Aug 5, 2014
Need Urgent Help

This should not be used on a Rooted LS996ZV7 YOU WILL BRICK if you try to go back to stock by TOT method.
You have to follow THIS guide and you can download stock ZV7 from my post HERE .
ATT and Sprint have put their firmwares with Antirollback so once you update you cant go back to stock 5.0.1

Hi I just flashed zv5 tot over official stock zv7 & my phone is not even turning on , seems like a dummy phone , can I do anything to get it back to life please , please help please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2015 (updated with pictures) TOT Method!
    RETURN TO STOCK TOT METHOD!, AT&T (stock rooted TOT) , T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, & a The few International TOT`s that are available

At the moment you cannot downgrade the Sprint G Flex 2 if your latest/updated, But thankfully there is NOW ZV8 to restore :)
    http://oceanhost.eu/hsjpdmctwfd4/LGLS996-ZV8-tot.7z.html

How to Flash YouTube Video:

1. Download Everything!
    1.1) Download Both Stock Image & DLL File – Firmwares Here
    1.2) Download LG FlashTools V1.8 - Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - 9.3 Mb
    1.3) Download Drivers (Any LG Phone) - Here (Verizon Only) – Here
    1.4) Megalock DLL File - Megalock.dll Download

Install:
    2. Install LG Drviers
    3. Install Flashtool (Don’t run it yet)
    4. Extract the TOT file from the Zip
    5. Copy MegaLock.dll file to C:\LG\LGFlashtool (This might be a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file)

6. Power off your Device & or pull battery (G3),(G Pro),(G Flex)
    7. Press and hold the Vol UP Key and plug in the USB cable to your phone you should now see “Firmware Update/Download Mode” and be in Download mode.

8. Open up Device Manger on your PC
    8.1) Click on ports and double click LGEModem It may be LG Serial Port, Depends on current firmware.
    8.2) Go to Port Settings Tab and click Advanced
    8.3) Change COM Port to COM41 and click Okay.
    8.4) After this you may need to rereboot your phone back into download mode.
    1.JPG

2.JPG

9. Run LG Flashtool as Administrator
    10. Select Manual Mode at the top
    11. Click The DLL Box and choose the DLL file from Above meant for your device
    12. Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with the .tot extension, Then Click OK when done.
    3.JPG

13. Now Click the Yellow Arrow Button at the top left, The Firmware install will be triggered
    4.JPG

14. You may need to unplug/replug phone before Firmware install will start (If it does nothing after clicking the yellow button

15. Should take anywhere between 4-8 Minutes, When its done your phone should reboot

16. LG G3 Only, After reboot you will be presented with a Factory reset screen, Just pull battery and put it back in and it should boot right up!
    Do NOT Close the FlashTool Window during firmware update.

99% of the time FlashTool will FAIL after 85% anything after 85% is just your phone rebooting so your safe :)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    2014 TOT Method (Old/Outdated)​
    RETURN TO STOCK TOT Method! AT&T & Sprint Verzion & The Few International TOTs I have available Also T-Mobile Can be Flashed back this way if you are having issues!
    Download
    1. Download Both Stock Image File & DLL file - Download
    2. LGFlashTools v1.8 - Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.exe - 9.3 Mb
    3).Download Drivers (ANY LG Phone)- LGUnitedMobileDriverVer_3.8.1.exe - 10.6 Mb
    3.2) Download Drivers (Verizon Only) - LG_VZW_United_WHQL_v2.11.1.exe - 7.8 Mb
    4.Megalock DLL File: Megalock.dll Download (You`ll place this in the flashtool folder (Step 7)
    Credit to @madmack for making most of this Guide for the G Pro Which also works on our G2!

Install:
    1. Install the LG drivers downloaded above.
    2. Install LGFlashTools v1.8 (but don't run it)
    3. Extract the TOT file from the ZIP

When LG Flash Tool is installed, do not launch it.

7) Copy MegaLock.dll to C:\LG\LGFlashTool, This is a hidden folder so enable "hidden folders". Replace the old MegaLock.dll file if you have already installed LG Flash Tool on your computer.

8) When the firmware is downloaded, boot your LG G2 into Download Mode. To do this, press and hold the Volume Up key and then plug the USB cable.

9) Launch LG Flash Tool.

You might see a window with Korean language, just click on OK.

Check the Select Manual Mode on the top.

10) MAKE SURE UNDER, DEVICE MANAGER, YOUR PORT IS SET TO COM 41 FOR YOUR DEVICE.

11) Click the DLL box and choose the dll file from above for you phone model.

12) Click the S/W box and select the firmware file with .tot extension.(the 2.04 gb file from above)

13) Now click the Yellow arrow button on the top left of the main window.

The firmware installation will be triggered.

Ignore if you see any temporary error and just wait patiently till it is finished.

Do not close the Flash Tool window.
    14) Press and hold power button until phone turns off, leaving usb cable connected to device AND computer ,immediately hold volume up button until phone boots it into Download Mode.

Your LG G2 will restart showing firmware installation progress in percent (%).
    When all is done, reboot your phone and enjoy!

Credit to@jimgustafson74 for making a cleaner guide for the TOT Method :)

[/CENTER]

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Remember if you have bootloop or stuck on LG Logo after flashing make sure you FACTORY RESET!

Extra Important Info:
    To Fix ANY Driver issues make sure you reboot your computer after removing and then re-install again, Also try different USB ports or USB cable or try another PC.
    Also try this for any driver issues: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53313255&postcount=5400

REMEMBER if you get Bootlooping after flashing perform a factory hard reset!
    Instructions Here: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-7590

My Links are ALWAYS hosted on MY servers for NO Downtime! If My site does NOT have what your looking for PM me or post what you want and I will try and get it for you:)

Feel Free to support me by helping with Server Costs,Coffee, Lunch, if you feel my work has helped you :) Thank you!
    I've had the same problem. I've searched everywhere and I tried everything to no avail. Couldn't get past the darn minios EQ. Then I flashed LGUP_8974.dll instead of dllls996.dll and I got to the blue screen with number 2. Progress! Theen I flashed again dllls996.dll and ZV5 and it went through. Then (after I set the ZV5 up) I flashed the update.
    I don't know why it worked, but it worked.

where is this lgup_8974.dll?

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

I've had the same problem. I've searched everywhere and I tried everything to no avail. Couldn't get past the darn minios EQ. Then I flashed LGUP_8974.dll instead of dllls996.dll and I got to the blue screen with number 2. Progress! Theen I flashed again dllls996.dll and ZV5 and it went through. Then (after I set the ZV5 up) I flashed the update.

****in stank0!!! u are the EFFING MAN!!! I LOVE YOU!! it worked!! stank you are THE MAAANNNN!!! Thank you bro

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_trWr9lop_GaUN3TVN5NV80aUE/view?usp=sharing

theres the link to lgup_8974.dll i uploaded it to google drive for you guys!

so basically what i did was flashed just like the tut says but instead of using the ls996.dll i used the LGUP_8974.dll that stank0 said to use, then i got the blue screen and i rebooted and it tried to reboot but i stopped it and put it into download mode again, and flashed the ls996.dll again with the zv5 tot, then it went into the minios bootloop again but this time it got a blue screen at the end of the minios logo, then i put it in download mode agan, and instead of using the .dll i just flashed ZV5 and clicked on the board_dll option at the bottom and PROFIT!
    i have flashed my g flex 2 sprint modeil with the files in the storage cow mentioned but the device is stuck on minios display and then restarts again and again.
    Please help me as download mode flashes for 10 seconds only..

Thanks. I found that on another forum after asking here and forgot to post back.
    I'm using that one for now, but I'm still looking for a rooted ZVB image also if anyone has it. The original poster on xda no longer has it uploaded.

That TOT I linked is rooted. I wasn't expecting that! Excellent.