Huge system data usage

Search This thread

joshka89

Nov 29, 2010
I have had some issues with my System Data being HUGE
I have done full on resets, including Dalvik cache and factory reset at recovery mode
It's still 4.38 GB when I look in Settings > Storage

Any ideas why this is happening or a way to eliminate it?
I don't see how Android can be taking up that much space, especially since this is a freshly wiped device.

Reactions: comk4ver

joshka89

Nov 29, 2010
I've looking into it some more and with DiskUsage and other explorer apps I see that there is 5.8GB of space accounted for, 3.4GB for Storage and 2.42GB for "System"
However, this is an 8GB device. I have gone through the whole thing on file explorers and it seems almost like it isn't even seeing the remaining 2.1GB I should have.
As if another Android system is there but unused or unrecognized.

I have the sprint v430 version if that makes any difference.

jayntguru

Mar 3, 2011
I'm having the same issue with the same version of the same tablet. It's driving me nuts.. constantly out of space, even with an sd card and having moved everything I can to it. :( Have not found a fix... or a root.

-Jay

I've looking into it some more and with DiskUsage and other explorer apps I see that there is 5.8GB of space accounted for, 3.4GB for Storage and 2.42GB for "System"
However, this is an 8GB device. I have gone through the whole thing on file explorers and it seems almost like it isn't even seeing the remaining 2.1GB I should have.

Reactions: wisletPierre

dovwork

Sep 9, 2015
I'm having the same issue with the same version of the same tablet. It's driving me nuts.. constantly out of space, even with an sd card and having moved everything I can to it. :( Have not found a fix... or a root.

-Jay
I also have the same problem with my LG G Pad 7 400 tablet. I hope to find a solution here.
Thanks,

PHIL1977

Mar 24, 2016
This thread just seems to have died i too am searching for a fix for this issue does anyone have an update or is this tablet just garbage

Attachments

• wtf.png
    wtf.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 134

I see.. lots of us had that issue.. If I recall correctly what I did was to add a blank space before pasting the last command so as you can see from your cmd print you have
Code:
#sh ETC ETC
just try to add a space before pasting so tyo have
Code:
# sh ETC ETC ETC
it could take a while but it should work..

also if it doens't work after trying two or three times try using a new USB port or another pc, if available (don't ask why, I'm reporting what other users reported ;) )

I see.. lots of us had that issue.. If I recall correctly what I did was to add a blank space before pasting the last command so as you can see from your cmd print you have
Code:
#sh ETC ETC
just try to add a space before pasting so tyo have
Code:
# sh ETC ETC ETC
it could take a while but it should work..

also if it doens't work after trying two or three times try using a new USB port or another pc, if available (don't ask why, I'm reporting what other users reported ;) )

tried that too. just sits there.
also, windows7. not windows 10 [just because a lot of people have reported windows 10 inability to map com ports properly]

truthfully.. this little tablet is my first device i havent been able to root :(

tried that too. just sits there.
also, windows7. not windows 10 [just because a lot of people have reported windows 10 inability to map com ports properly]

truthfully.. this little tablet is my first device i havent been able to root :(

sorry but you said sprint variant but what G Pad? 7 8 or 10? I don't think there could be lots of difference but did you try googling if other owners of your exact tablet reported rooting issues?

Also I saw from your screenshot that you execute the reg command to detect the COM port where to send the sh command; maybe you could try to follow the guide exactly like wrote, so open the port.bat to detect the port, then close the new cmd window and then execute the sh command. I don't think ot could be an issue but maybe the reg command leave the port open and so the command fails.. really I'm just going random here :D

last but least, imo, you should try from scratch restarting the guide from the start, but I think you already do it.. :(

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

hey mate try this one: https://www.smartphoneclinics.com/easy-root-sprint-lg-pad-70-lk430/ - it the same root method as the one tyou're trying but fully automated (there should be a thread here on xda too but cannot find it now)

sorry but you said sprint variant but what G Pad? 7 8 or 10? I don't think there could be lots of difference but did you try googling if other owners of your exact tablet reported rooting issues?

Also I saw from your screenshot that you execute the reg command to detect the COM port where to send the sh command; maybe you could try to follow the guide exactly like wrote, so open the port.bat to detect the port, then close the new cmd window and then execute the sh command. I don't think ot could be an issue but maybe the reg command leave the port open and so the command fails.. really I'm just going random here :D

last but least, imo, you should try from scratch restarting the guide from the start, but I think you already do it.. :(

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

hey mate try this one: https://www.smartphoneclinics.com/easy-root-sprint-lg-pad-70-lk430/ - it the same root method as the one tyou're trying but fully automated (there should be a thread here on xda too but cannot find it now)

yea. so.. i guess im going to stop here.. ive been rooting phones since the palm pre.. and while i may not be a coder, i can follow written instructions without issue. even king root doesnt work on this tablet.. [tab7 k430 variant, thought i mentioned that, or at least that it was the gtab sprint variant.. but i digress]

also, the link you posted, is simply an automated script to do exactly what is failing here. it may have worked in 2015 when the tablet was released and article was written.. but.. alas, its very very outdated.

thanks anyway

yea. so.. i guess im going to stop here.. ive been rooting phones since the palm pre.. and while i may not be a coder, i can follow written instructions without issue. even king root doesnt work on this tablet.. [tab7 k430 variant, thought i mentioned that, or at least that it was the gtab sprint variant.. but i digress]

also, the link you posted, is simply an automated script to do exactly what is failing here. it may have worked in 2015 when the tablet was released and article was written.. but.. alas, its very very outdated.

thanks anyway

yep it is an automated script for this same process but you can't never tell.. can't say why but htis process does not work at the first time for lots of people, as you can read into the main thread.. for me it worked a lot of times both for my G Pad 7 Wifi (first year release) both for my G 2, sometimes it hanged but after trying a bunch of times it alwasy did the work..
so it's not a pointless method.. and it's from 2015 too, same as the automated zip, they never update it because it worked..

anyway after searching for your specific variant I find this specific thread: https://xdaforums.com/android/help/sprint-lg-g-pad-f7-0-lk430-t3180261
maybe you already read it but someone says kingroot + remove kigroot for supersu is the way, but you said it did not work for you..

last I was not telling you that you are not able to follow istructions, but I saw you did something different form the screenshot, instead of opening the port.bat file, just that.. if you don't think it worths to try as they say in the guide it's up to you, no prob ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have had some issues with my System Data being HUGE
    I have done full on resets, including Dalvik cache and factory reset at recovery mode
    It's still 4.38 GB when I look in Settings > Storage

Any ideas why this is happening or a way to eliminate it?
    I don't see how Android can be taking up that much space, especially since this is a freshly wiped device.

-Jay