T-Mobile LG G Pad X 8.0 (v521WG)
Hello everyone! I'm starting this thread to keep track of the bounty for rooting the T-Mobile LG G Pad X 8.0 (v521WG). If you are interested in donating money to the first person to successfully root the T-Mobile LG G Pad X 8.0 (v521WG) please post your amount and I'll add it add it all up and keep the total amount updated.
Greatly looking forward to anyone interested in becoming a candidate in this challenge to find a means for root.
1. Be the first person to create or find a method to achieve the following:
- Exploiting a fully stock build of the T-Mobile variant LG G Pad X 8.0 to gain root access
- Proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
- Providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow
4. Claim your bounty via PM from pledger(s)
Root has been achieved for LG G Pad X 8.0 T-Mobile v521WG, a root guide is available here.
List of Pledges
US - T-Mobile v521WG
@avishah395 - $3
@cd85233 - $25
@NewZJ - $25
@d3athb4dishonor - $10
@pressmoon - $25
@emilyrugburn - $25
@hyphen - $113
@kolpa06 - $14
@dr.mnemonix - $50
@Munns86 - $15
@donmega_icecube - $15
@onlypirc - $10
@agilos - $25
@kenbrownstone - $25
AT&T - v520
@hectoralexgarcia - $20
Canada - Rogers/Telus/Fido v522
@vance74 - $15
@eleckz - $20
@BardOfOld - $25 in Bitcoin
List of Acceptable Posts:
- New bounty submission or increase of current bounty
- Questions or assistance in development of a root, recovery, or bootloader unlock method
- Questions and answers regarding bootloaders on this device
- Questions and answers regarding the nature of lockdown on this device
- Questions and answers regarding eFuse/qFuse and emmc write-protects
- Questions and answers regarding kernel and bootloader-related exploits
- If you're working on such a method or exploit, then any status updates you have on it
- Please note before making a post in the thread please refer to the below list to see if your post will be acceptable. If it is not part of this list, your post will be reported and you may risk getting an infraction as per forum moderators.
- Please note you may not make any specific restrictions or requirements that aren't listed in the OP. By making a post with your contribution price you are agreeing to paying out based on all terms listed in OP only and nowhere else.
- Please be advised that if T-Mobile or LG are to release an official method of rooting the device (extremely unlikely but must be accounted for) prior to any member of XDA's submission, this bounty automatically becomes invalidated.
- Please do not PM a pledge, they will not be counted.
If there are any issues with this thread, anything you'd like to add, any suggestions you'd like to provide or to get my attention - quote one of my posts or private message me