FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Port] lenok2dory: Android Wear 2.0 on LG G Watch!

151 posts
Thanks Meter: 578

By ab123321, Senior Member on 20th June 2017, 11:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th March 2018, 02:54 AM |#711  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab123321

Hello everybody!
Sorry, I had no time to keep up with this forum for few months

Am I going to port oreo? No, it's too complicated since chipset support is end.
Will there be any updates? Probably yes, if I will find some time.

P.S. OP was updated with data wipe instructions

Thanks so much. All I care about is fixing vulnerabilities at this point: Blueborne, etc

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

29th March 2018, 11:44 AM |#713  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Rainbowtown
Thanks Meter: 4,122

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanschke

https://stadt-bremerhaven.de/wear-os...uawei-watch-2/

Unfortunately pointless unless it's android P for the LG G Watch R (that's the model this port was harvested from), the huawei watch 2 has completely different hardware specs...

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam Nakamura For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sam Nakamura Ad-Free
30th April 2018, 03:38 AM |#714  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Anyone know how to fix the "check your connection and try again" error when opening Google play?
30th April 2018, 09:17 AM |#715  
Thanks Meter: 483

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirefighterDown

Anyone know how to fix the "check your connection and try again" error when opening Google play?

Usually rebooting the phone and thr watch fixes it.
The Following User Says Thank You to kokesh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kokesh Ad-Free
8th May 2018, 10:07 AM |#716  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Really appreciate the effort in making our forgotten watch usable. I suppose my only question I have is, do you think you could have a few kernals choices to enable more cores on the cpu like the LG g watch r modified-kernel-image-to-4-cores (It's in the dev forum of the watch r)

Would give us a bit more life from this unergonomic rectangle strapped to our wrists πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š
8th May 2018, 10:50 AM |#717  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Rainbowtown

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manya3084

Really appreciate the effort in making our forgotten watch usable. I suppose my only question I have is, do you think you could have a few kernals choices to enable more cores on the cpu like the LG g watch r modified-kernel-image-to-4-cores (It's in the dev forum of the watch r)

Would give us a bit more life from this unergonomic rectangle strapped to our wrists πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

Was already shared on this thread, there're several boot images with 2 or 4 cores enabled, just use the search function of this thread or read a few pages back, I referenced them several times in my previous posts...
I personally use the 4 core boot with the magisk module for hotplugging (mpdecicion), it works relatively well, even though the magisk module is already build with an now outdated trampled and logcat shows wired CPU switching/plugging. I'm no expert but what I mean is it could very well need further attention, updating and improvement - on the other hand it's all we have for now and it works after all..

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs
12th May 2018, 02:42 AM |#718  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thank you for your work, hope still can get some minor update for this watch
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeyeung5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikeyeung5 Ad-Free
16th May 2018, 10:09 AM |#719  
Thanks Meter: 416

More
Wow - my LG G watch is running stock from when I bought it - I thought it was long dead now and then stumbled into this thread - I may have to give this a go - I use my watch daily but hopefully this will breathe a new lease of life into it!
22nd May 2018, 11:18 AM |#720  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Hello...
Probably this question has been asked at least 50 times, but how usable is this port? Right now I am running a 100% stock, still bootloader locked G watch with wear 1.5.
Especially the following facts interest me:
1. Is it significantly slower than wear 1.5?
2. Is it stable (random reboots, hangups etc.)
3. What's the battery life, especially when a multicore-modded kernel is installed
22nd May 2018, 12:14 PM |#721  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Rainbowtown

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimissimus99

Hello...
Probably this question has been asked at least 50 times, but how usable is this port? Right now I am running a 100% stock, still bootloader locked G watch with wear 1.5.
Especially the following facts interest me:
1. Is it significantly slower than wear 1.5?
2. Is it stable (random reboots, hangups etc.)
3. What's the battery life, especially when a multicore-modded kernel is installed

Hello, yeah this is the #1 reappearing question
So here we go, slower is relative, it's doesnt feel slower to me but I personally use the this device primarily as watch, sure I have Facebook lite installed to get my notifications via watch, little messaging but that's it....
It's totally stable, never had one random reboot or something and battery is alright too, I use the 4 core enabled boot image with the magisk hotplugging module (mpdecicion) and get easily through a working day, usually 16 to 24 hours depending on my usage, to extend battery life use the "real 2 core boot image", it has hotplugging inbuilt and should save some juice but it's anyway best to check out yourself, you can just flash one after the other to see what suits you

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam Nakamura For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sam Nakamura Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)